• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Leah

Leah

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

Huge fishing lot, lures, line, ice fishing kits etc. Looking to sell as a complete lot.. mini rods, tipup kits, swagger shad lures, bobbers, tournament cranks, soy minnows, ice fishing kits, ice fishing tipup kit, gulp alive, floating dip nets, shamano hard bait, mustard hooks, multi species hook set, pixie blue fox lures.....12, 18, 24, 36 inch, red wolf sinker sets, ice safety kit, bass lure kits, waleye lure kits, yum waleye grubs, yum grasshopper, mr twister, oacks of flies, wood top water baits, jigheads, celcius ice fishing kits, celius line, suffix 20lbs line, stren 16lbs line, chatterbait flashback lures, lead weights, subzero jigheads, ice magic grubs. Will not seperate, selling as a lot. All brand new. Wife says it has to go. Serious enquiries only. Thanks! $2000.00 or best offer plz email me at leah444@hotmail.com.

#2 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:56 AM

Location? Pics? It doesn't sound like much for 2000 and very suspicious for a first post......

#3 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 04:01 PM

Location? Pics? It doesn't sound like much for 2000 and very suspicious for a first post......

"Wife says it has to go"...that got me suspicious as well. No angler would let this happen.

#4 chasingfish

chasingfish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 05:34 PM

What gets me is the "all brand new" comment. Not accusing of anything but this is a common post for people who "found some stuff off that fell off the back of a truck"..... At least put a reasonable price on it and it might move... But 2k for some tip ups, ice rods and artificial bait.... I'll offer 200 cash [emoji1]

#5 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 07:46 PM

Would be to much at ask to see the receipts? If it is all "brand new". 

#6 Paul1913

Paul1913

Perch

• Active Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:02 PM

Yup first thing I thought of too.. 2k. Brand new must have some paper

#7 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:04 PM

Even if it was just "hooks", it could still be 2k worth. 

I know a lot of people who sell online that always start with a higher asking price, in anticipation of lower offers. Not the only way to sell online, just one strategy of many, certainly nothing unusual about it.

Furthermore, I know some anglers who love buying tackle in bulk like this, whether it be rods, reels, lures, or whatever else.

Lots of situations can arise where someone [a] acquires a hefty amount of tackle and [b] needs to sell said tackle. 

In conclusion: you are all paranoid. :lol:

Oh and the wife comment, again, perfectly normal to express a reason for selling in an online ad, because often the first question a seller gets is "why are you selling?"

Again, you're all nuts :lol:

#8 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:13 PM

I still think its a suspicious first post,  I wouldn't want a member getting burned for that kind of money. Maybe its just a very vague ad and its actually a great deal, maybe its a scam. Time will tell...time will tell.

#9 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:24 PM

Has anyone emailed the seller for pics?

#10 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 07:56 AM

I know a lot of people who sell online that always start with a higher asking price, in anticipation of lower offers. Not the only way to sell online, just one strategy of many, certainly nothing unusual about it.

Furthermore, I know some anglers who love buying tackle in bulk like this, whether it be rods, reels, lures, or whatever else.

Lots of situations can arise where someone [a] acquires a hefty amount of tackle and [b] needs to sell said tackle. 

Oh and the wife comment, again, perfectly normal to express a reason for selling in an online ad, because often the first question a seller gets is "why are you selling?"

How much of a cut is he giving you?  :)

#11 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

No fraud guys, he sent me pics of the stuff

#12 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 10:04 AM

No fraud guys, he sent me pics of the stuff

#13 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:03 PM

yup, I just received pics as well and he's located in Orillia.

#14 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:13 PM

looks good or what? This thread is the biggest trending topic on the forum right now lol

#15 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:50 PM

I doubt that you personally know anyone who has spent over $1000 to purchase random and basic fishing items in bulk (remember this is not fly fishing).  Furthermore, when spending over $1000, why settle for what someone else is trying to get rid of? 

Rare for situations to arise when someone "aquires" such an array of items, all brand new only to be told by his wife to get rid of it.  You cant honestly believe this is legitimate.  I bet you just love debating :D

#16 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:53 PM

And, do I have to point out the obviously fake username "leah" and email leah444 ??  This person used a feminine name to stand out and get noticed, isnt it OBVIOUS? lol cmon guys....

#17 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:09 PM

I would still like to see bills of sale, if it is all new.  I dont give a crap if the wife told him to sell, if she did she probably saw the bills........

#18 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:10 PM

looks good or what? This thread is the biggest trending topic on the forum right now lol

No wonder this is the hot topic, sorry but as of lately this forum has been a little boring.

#19 hamiltonangler94

hamiltonangler94

Smallmouth Fanatic

• Active Members
  • 1,060 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:12 PM

Some nice stuff but definently not 2 grand worth

#20 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

And, do I have to point out the obviously fake username "leah" and email leah444 ??  This person used a feminine name to stand out and get noticed, isnt it OBVIOUS? lol cmon guys....

Leah could be his pet's name. His daughter's name. Etc. 

Maybe he isn't very internet savvy and had someone named Leah make the post for him?

The  name "Leah" definitely doesn't stand out to me or grab my attention. It's actually pretty bland. If he made it Princess Leia, you could make those accusations. 

I bet you just love debating  :D

Pot calling the kettle black, before your post, a few members confirmed I was right :)