Some nice stuff but definently not 2 grand worth

I agree

#22 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:30 PM

Leah could be his pet's name. His daughter's name. Etc. 

Maybe he isn't very internet savvy and had someone named Leah make the post for him?  You cant be serious!  You must be a super optimist to believe this.

The  name "Leah" definitely doesn't stand out to me or grab my attention. It's actually pretty bland. If he made it Princess Leia, you could make those accusations. 

Any female name would stand out on this forum.  You must be the exception ;) 

Pot calling the kettle black, before your post, a few members confirmed I was right :)

Just because other members received photos from the "seller", doesnt mean you are right.  It means he can take a picture and he lives somewhere. 

I looove debating.  Bring it!  B)

#23 JDean

JDean

Sunfish

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

How do you know its  a  'HE'.  Could be a SHE with a wife now-a-days

#24 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:26 PM

How do you know its  a  'HE'.  Could be a SHE with a wife now-a-days

Good point! LOL

#25 Leah

Leah

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 07:19 PM

This fishing stuff is all legit.My common wife is name leah and it was her ex husband that left her this fishing stuff. Just to clarify for everyone, her ex husband tried to start an online fishing store that didn't work out and he left her all the merchandise. Its all brand new. She is just trying to get rid of it as she has no use for it.

#26 Knuguy

Knuguy

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:28 PM

In conclusion: you are all paranoid. :lol:

Just because you are not paranoid doesn't mean they are not out to get you!!! :razz:

#27 DaveC

DaveC

Sunfish

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 11:49 AM

The funniest thing is 90% the guys on here dont have two tens to rub together when it comes to buying anything. Will often talk a big game with very little action. You can list stuff next to being free and its still just a pipe dream. Anyone serious would want to make a personal visit...on a $2k sale. Chances of a $2k sale here is a pipe dream at best. List your product with pictures...many pictures on kijiji. Be real about it...you need to have $4k worth of gear if you expect $2k. Think about it??i certainly dont want $2k worth of stuff for 2k.

#28 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:46 PM

The funniest thing is 90% the guys on here dont have two tens to rub together when it comes to buying anything. Will often talk a big game with very little action. You can list stuff next to being free and its still just a pipe dream.  

Yea, 90% of the guys here are broke because you didn't get the prices you asked for on certain items.

Your logic is incredible. Future generations will be in awe of your powers of observation.

By the way folks, this is the same person who private messaged me with insults because I told him one of his items was overpriced.

The response was typical child like behavior.  Instead of being mature about it and explaining himself he just went on the name calling and insults. 

True to its nature, it again goes out of its way to insult everyone here.

Can't act surprised.

People like this only bring negativity to the community.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go back to picking up cans and cashing in my food stamps. My cardboard box on wheels isn't doing too well in this snow :(

if only i had moar moneis....

#29 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:20 PM

This fishing stuff is all legit.My common wife is name leah and it was her ex husband that left her this fishing stuff. Just to clarify for everyone, her ex husband tried to start an online fishing store that didn't work out and he left her all the merchandise. Its all brand new. She is just trying to get rid of it as she has no use for it.

A husband who "left" his wife thousands in fishing gear?? Now I know this is fake! haha.

#30 DaveC

DaveC

Sunfish

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:01 PM

Yea, 90% of the guys here are broke because you didn't get the prices you asked for on certain items.
Your logic is incredible. Future generations will be in awe of your powers of observation.

By the way folks, this is the same person who private messaged me with insults because I told him one of his items was overpriced.

The response was typical child like behavior.  Instead of being mature about it and explaining himself he just went on the name calling and insults. 
True to its nature, it again goes out of its way to insult everyone here.
Can't act surprised.

People like this only bring negativity to the community.

Hey schmogley, totally not true. You bought an item and i pulled the ad from several sites then you bailed out. Thats the truth. Then i relisted it and sold the item no problem whats so ever to someone who was a serious buyer not a tire kicker. If you recall...you still wanted to buy the item but at a reduced price. Typical of your nature. If you would have pmed me your reasoning that would have been fair. The item i was selling at the time was a gloomis spey rod, reel, head, shooting line and backing for $400. Ohhh sure bud, way over priced. Thats why it sold the day i put it back up. No negativity here....just telling it like it is. Bought and sold many items over the years...the one thing i hate doing is dickering with tire kickers. I dont going telling someone im buying something off them, then make up excuses or rebutal with some low ball offer such as yourself. Nice of you to let people know who i am...just thought id return the favour to let them know who you are. Nice day!!

Hey

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to go back to picking up cans and cashing in my food stamps. My cardboard box on wheels isn't doing too well in this snow :(
if only i had moar moneis....

#31 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 04:52 PM

loomis spey outfit, depending on model for $400 is a great deal tbh

the original was suspicious because there was no back story to it.  had the OP come and said, hey i've got a load of items for sale from a failed online business, maybe it wouldn't have garnered as much negative attention, but it is what it is.

#32 Swing4Steel

Swing4Steel

Swing and float

• Active Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:39 PM

A husband who "left" his wife thousands in fishing gear?? Now I know this is fake! haha.

#33 Swing4Steel

Swing4Steel

Swing and float

• Active Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:40 PM

Youd be surprised what people will leave behind to get away from someone !

#34 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:39 AM

loomis spey outfit, depending on model for $400 is a great deal tbh

yea it is, depending on the model. This particular model was older and no longer made, and very similar setups were going for less(same rod with comparable reels) 

oh well. this isnt the right place to get into it. my apologies to the OP

#35 James5354

James5354

Sunfish

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 03:07 PM

even if the seller does seem fishy, wouldnt the potential buyer have to go see the items before paying him, so how can that be a scam?.......unless the items are stolen....but thats a whole other episode hahaha...bottom line...if what he has looks good for 2gz go for it and if not move on, dont knock the seller. just my 2 cents.

J

#36 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 04:06 PM

Yes my apologies, I should have sent a PM instead of posting in the thread. When someone joins the community and their first post is in the for sale thread with a sale worth 2k it raises some red flags. Many forums restrict posting in the classifieds until a post quota is met for the sole reason of rooting out dishonest sellers. I just didn't want to see someone get scammed on the site, many online sales are done with payment first and products shipped second.

#37 James5354

James5354

Sunfish

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 06:15 PM

I dont think anyone in their right mind would do a online transaction worth 2 grand to a unknown person, I know I wouldnt......but then again there are big fish out there...  :lol:

cheers

J