• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SwampMonkey

SwampMonkey

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 April 2015 - 12:13 PM

If I am using braided main line swivelled to a mono dropper and then swivelled to a floro lead line fishing in 2-6 ft of water, how long should the dropper line and lead line be?

#2 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 10:44 AM

If I am using braided main line swivelled to a mono dropper and then swivelled to a floro lead line fishing in 2-6 ft of water, how long should the dropper line and lead line be?

If thats your plan, dropper line should be long enough to fish the 6ft pools and just adjust it to fish the shallower spots.  Keep in mind though if you are using a swivel above your float, you could damage your rod when landing a fish (especially after adjusting your line to fish the shallower spots).  It has happened to a few people I know.  Try a uni knot instead of the extra swivel.

#3 TRINIBOY

TRINIBOY

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 01:14 PM

Also depends on how long you intend to make your floro leader. Longer your leader can decrease the overall length you would require for your dropper.

#4 floss_boss

floss_boss

Sunfish

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 01:34 PM

3ft dropper and 1ft leader

I run same setup

#5 SwampMonkey

SwampMonkey

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 April 2015 - 09:23 PM

Thanks. I would rather use a uni knot than a swivel but I figured the swivel would help keep the twist out of my main line. I could see how the swivel above the bobber could damage my rod. Good advice, as that would really piss me off.

#6 riddickulous

riddickulous

Sunfish

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 08:21 PM

If use the swivel, try a spro power swivel size 10, small size and 35 lb strength