• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Catfish Everdeen

Catfish Everdeen

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 11:51 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe most of the fish species that we as anglers target were introduced and not natural to this environment. They, just like carp, were introduced into our water systems. 

I come from a European background, and carp are seen in the same league as trout, as far as freshwater fishing went. My father taught me how to fish, so I grew up with his respect for the fish and I was always baffled by people's disgust in carp. But they were fun to fight and were a challenge to consistently catch, so they remain one of my favorite fish to pursue. 

Especially in Ontario, there is such a variety of water bodies, that we are spoiled by our choices as to which fish we are able to pursue. I have found that carp can coexist with a lot of other species and there are man other water bodies that do not have carp at all. I do not appreciate when people look down on other people for the fish they pursue- leave them be and let them fish. If you are curious why I enjoy fishing for a certain species, I will be more than happy to explain it to you. 

#22 legendarycheeks

legendarycheeks

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 08:02 AM

I used just plain old sweet corn from a can on a hair rig and within 20 minutes the bell went off and I landed my first carp yesterday. I wasn't sure on buying some store bought boilies at first so the guy said just get some sweet corn and try it out. It'll still work and he was right. Didn't think much about the species before but after landing one I appreciate the fight it offers.

Very fun to catch and release!

28tb7np.jpg

#23 Catfish Everdeen

Catfish Everdeen

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 01:25 PM

Anyone else have any success with carp this year? I only caught a couple of one pounders so far, haven't really had the chance to do too much carp fishing. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: carp, boilies, hamilton