• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 09 April 2015 - 06:57 PM

I am going back to BC this summer and will be staying in North Vancouver and Whistler. Can anyone recommend a guide within a reasonable drive of either of those locations?

#2 tarpon

tarpon

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 02:45 PM

Clint Goyette/ Valley Fishing Guides is excellent. He's out of Squamish/Brackendale, but covers a pretty large area.  He's a super nice guy and will get you into some great fish.

http://www.valleyfishing.com

#3 rick james

rick james

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:55 PM

Brian at Silversides fishing adventures. He can get you into some big sturgeon and if your trip is timed right you can get into pink salmon by the dozens.

#4 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:19 PM

thanks guys. I've spoken to one guide directly so far and he has said that at the time I am there I can do some pink salmon fishing and I really don't need a guide for that. His company does steelhead, salmon and sturgeon and in late August/ early September they don't do any walk and wade trips for steelhead. He said I can find a guide for summer run steelhead but it will be a bit of a drive.

So right now I am thinking it will either be pinks or sturgeon, he says the sturgeon fishing will be incrediable when i'm there and that its common to have 20 hookups in a day. I don't want to go fish pinks without a guide as that would require bringing all of my own gear and this is a trip for a friends wedding and I am the only one who is into fishing, but I would consider hiring a guide for pinks or even renting gear if that is possible.

Can anyone share any fishing experiences out west in late August/early September?

#5 Swing4Steel

Swing4Steel

Swing and float

• Active Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:19 PM

Pinks suck. if you look into it its what people take kids to.fish for and.newbs. ive caught them here, they suck. Get some sturgeon and if you want pinks head north in.September

#6 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:40 PM

Its NADO - hes ultra n00b and will fish pinks all day long :lol:

#7 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:15 AM

lol the only thing is the Sturgeon trip involves sitting in a boat all day. I want to go on a walk and wade through some picturesque mountain streams.

#8 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:24 AM

I'm coming with.

#9 NADO

NADO

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:42 AM

lol ok i'll make sure they make room for you at the wedding.

#10 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:47 AM

Forget that - I'll be on the river fishing and texting you pics while you're at the wedding :)

#11 rick james

rick james

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 07:55 PM

Just got back from Vancouver, BC fishing for pink salmon for one day before heading back from a business trip.  I used Brian from Silversides fishing, he's got to be one of the most experienced guides in the area, I've fished with him twice now and never caught so many fish in my life  (www.silversidesfishing.com).

We fly-fished for pinks (you can float-fish too but guiding etiquette is fly-fish only for pinks) and got into them consistently throughout the day.  I'm a novice fly-fisherman but even I managed to land over 40 fish and I'm sure I lost at least one for every one I landed.  Everyone was catching fish so this is a great trip for novice or expert alike, anyone looking for tonnes of action and breathtaking scenery.

Please tell Brian Rick James sent you.

pink1.jpg

pink3.jpg

pink2.jpg

#12 Fishheads

Fishheads

Float Fishing Superstore

• Active Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 11:44 PM

amazing photos

#13 DirtyTrout