• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Natiswhereitsat

Natiswhereitsat

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 01:41 PM

Ok, i love to fish. And it seems im gaining more and more interest. I live in Cambridge, i ussually fish alone, and am looking for info about hot spots to catch pike for now and large mouth bass come summer. Really ill settle for anything at this point lol. I am currently sitting behind the pinery with no luck lol. Waters are high and dirty today :( hook a girl up!

#2 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 02:32 PM

Pinery in Grand Bend? When the water is running high in the rivers the beach can be hot. We camp there every year and a few years ago I got into some channel cats and sheeps head using pickeral rigs with worms and heavy weights to get it out there.

#3 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:35 AM

I love fishing your area, or just outside it lol. Heading out there Sunday for pike. You have an ABUNDANCE of spots for Pike, I'm in Mississauga - 2 options - Lake O or the Credit and both are seasonal.

Peeved about my outing last weekend... too many bass not a single pike landed.

#4 Natiswhereitsat

Natiswhereitsat

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 07:55 AM

Yes i have heard surrounding areas are full of pike. My son caught a real nice one in riverside park on mothers day :) boy after my heart lol. Followed by 2 smallies. I am not one to venture too far on my own, and always looking for easy access spots to take the kids. I do have waders and love a good river walk when with out the kids aswell. So if you can think of any fitting spots i would be delighted to try them out :)

#5 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:48 AM

I take my daughter to nearly all my spots around there, there are tons which are all manageable for children. You have the Nith, Speed and the Grand right there in addition to offshoots and various stationary waters.

You have a ton of conservation areas - I think you should have more trouble avoiding spots rather than finding them :)

You'll be lucky if anyone will tell you specifics so soon after signing up here. You'll be lucky if they tell you specifics after a year lol.

The best thing you can do is explore and expect to catch nothing. I try somewhere I've never been every 3 trips, never know what you'll find.

#6 Kit

Kit

Canadian River Angler

• Premium Account

• 1,895 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 11:55 AM

Im in between Ayr, Paris and Cambridge. I normally dont chase Pike/Largies but also don't know many areas on the Grand/Speed where they hold. I want to go out exploring but not even sure where to head. Smallies I know where to slay em. 

But as for asking where to head when your new on here is a no go. Most guys wont say anything till you contribute. 

Also welcome to the forum. 

#7 Natiswhereitsat

Natiswhereitsat

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:47 PM

Alright lol. Anyone wanna take a girl out fishing? U dont gotta tell me all ur secret spots, i just wanna get to a spot lol driving looking for places to park has this girl fed up :(

#8 Natiswhereitsat

Natiswhereitsat

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:47 PM

Alright lol. Anyone wanna take a girl out fishing? U dont gotta tell me all ur secret spots, i just wanna get to a spot lol driving looking for places to park has this girl fed up :(

#9 tcp

tcp

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 01:51 PM

where is there high and dirty water?  every river is super low in southern ontario right now :huh:

TIP:  The grand river in downtown galt has plenty of easy access points and free parking.  park your car somewhere and take a walk around the 3 bridges, you will find them easily. Have a look on google maps.  Lots of fish through that whole stretch, big variety of species in there including pike (which are pretty active right now)