• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Floren Lukatsky

Floren Lukatsky

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:05 PM

Going away for a few weeks this summer so i figured I could give someone else a shot at a great family vacation.

A beautiful cottage in a wilderness setting. 

My cottage is a year-round rental facility. We are located on the French River which is 200 miles North of Toronto and 45 miles south of Sudbury. Five miles off Highway 69 with drive to the door convenience. 

The cottage has three bedrooms and 1.5 baths. Maximum number of persons accommodated is twelve (12). 

The cottage location is on the Murdock River which is part of the French River Main Channel. Renowned for its fishing, the French River offers walleye, both large and smallmouth bass, northern pike, musky and panfish. From our location there are many miles of rocky, pine covered and undeveloped shorelines. We provide very good boat docking for a guest-owned boat. 

In the immediate area there is shopping for groceries and souvenirs. A short easy drive away is Sudbury with many restaurants, theatres, horse racing, (slot machines at the track) shopping and the Sudbury Science Center. 

As might be expected weather here in the North Country can be quite variable. That being said June, July and August are normally our warmest months. Late June to the end of August provides the best swimming with water temperatures at 70 degrees or above. Early June and after Labor Day usually are times for a jacket when on the water, especially in the mornings. 

September is a particularly beautiful time of the season and for those who are able to vacation at that time of the year the rewards are many. Warm days and cool nights in front of the fireplace seem to create the ideal in ultimate relaxation with the season’s best fishing as a further enhancement. The River is a great draw with a lot fewer boats and boaters and so very peaceful. Finally, as the fall colors come on the scenery becomes nothing short of spectacular. For those who can participate in September on the French River it can be a wonderful experience! 

In the winter you can enjoy snowmobile trails that will make you want to come back over and over again. 

We wish to advise potential guests that the location of our cottage is VERY suited for families with small children. 

Feel free to reach out if you have specific questions. 

Attached Images

• Firepit logs.JPG
  • IMG_3521.JPG
  • IMG_3519.JPG
  • dock muskoka chairs.jpeg
  • IMG_3530.JPG
  • IMG_3539.JPG

#2 Floren Lukatsky

Floren Lukatsky

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:06 PM

sorry should have specified

July 11-18 and July 18-25 are the two weeks i am renting out.

$1850 a week and it includes the aluminum boat rental.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: french river, cottage, rental, fishing, pike, bass, walleye