Photo

Walleye restocking - Northern Ontario

walleye pickeral restocking fishing ontario norther ontario MNR save sports fishing volunteer nipissing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JessicaMoore

JessicaMoore

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:17 PM

Lake Nipissing needs your help!

If you could please do us a favor and read and sign this petition:

https://www.change.o...mail_responsive

All information on this can be found at www.LNSA.net, but basically the MNR has completely shut down volunteer restocking of walleye for Lake Nipissing. This is an entirely volunteer funded initiative, so cost is not the issue. We'd really appreciate the support as many of us and our families run resorts along this lake that will be directly affected if this walleye fishery continues to decline. Commercial fishing has not and cannot be restricted at all even though it accounts for 85% + of the fish removed from the lake.

If you have any questions at all, please let me know. I know the head of the LSNA and I'd be happy to let you know the validity of this petition.

Please help save the economy, tourism and sports fishing for walleye in Northern Ontario.

Any questions at all, please let me know. Thanks for your consideration!

#2 buckhorn-bassin

buckhorn-bassin

Sunfish

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 04 June 2015 - 05:34 PM

Please tell me people have signed this? Even if you don't fish the lake often please sign.. Or even if you've never fished it please sign. This is a free program to us the fisherman. It costs the MNR nothing and they want to cancel it

#3 Paulie

Paulie

Sunfish

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 11:32 PM

Signed

#4 chasingfish

chasingfish

Sunfish

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 06 June 2015 - 07:37 AM

Signed.

#5 flowerjohn

flowerjohn

Sunfish

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 07:56 PM

Signed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: walleye, pickeral, restocking, fishing, ontario, norther ontario, MNR, save sports fishing, volunteer, nipissing