• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rayray519

rayray519

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 11:00 AM

Thinking of taking my kids out to do some fishing today.  We live very close to Kitchener/Waterloo - are there any decent spots that we can try from shore for sunfish and other smaller species?  I'm willing to drive about an hour if needed to get some good fishing for them.  My oldest is 12, the other 8yrs old.  

Any help would be appreciated.  Please PM me if you don't want to reveal any spots on thread. 

Thanks!

#2 Pharaoh

Pharaoh

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 01:29 PM

i would try "mill pond" in milton ontario.  small area and worms on a small hook will work great.  i take my 4 yr old there.  gets lots of bites and teaches him patience and reward well.

#3 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 02:38 PM

any pond will have sunfish as the weather gets warmer. right now if you're down for catfish. any outlet leading to lake O will have them. just bottom feed nightcrawlers...

#4 chrisleuser

chrisleuser

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 June 2015 - 01:42 AM

guelph lake, eramosa river, speed river, grand river all close... mill pond milton, kelso lake (milton a.k.a. glen eden) , 401 and campbellville has mountsberg where pike have been aggresive .

#5 rayray519

rayray519

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:06 PM

Is mill pond a public area, no entrance fees?

#6 rayray519

rayray519

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 12:06 PM

Bass in mill pond?

#7 Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey

Sunfish

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 03:32 PM

Shade's Mills CA: http://www.grandrive...Sub1=131&sub2=0

#8 TheSkyIsBlue

TheSkyIsBlue

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 June 2015 - 06:47 PM

Go to Adeline Park in Barrie. I went there about a week ago and caught almost 50 fish in a matter of 45 minutes! You're mainly going to catch bluegill and sunfish, but if you're lucky and cast into a weed spot, you can land some big bass. On my last trip, while I was bobber fishing with worms for bluegill, I accidentally hooked into a monster 5 pound bass (which I immediately released). And now that bass season has opened, I guess it would be a nice treat if the kids did hook into one of those. Adeline park is the place! Good luck!

#9 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:43 AM

It is definitely not the best of lakes but mill pond is 100% free. Full of sunfish, took my wee one there for the Kids Trout derby this year but I think she enjoyed the sunfish more.

Might be some little rainbows kicking around still, some carp and a few bass too.

#10 TMAK007

TMAK007

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:45 PM

Any tips for where I can catch lots of black crappie from a clean water source for eating and at the same time protect the walleye population? I keep reading these people get fined like $2000 for having like 105 Black Crappie way over their limits... yet every time I try to find crappie, i can never really find them... In fact... I always have less than 10 crappies.... How do they catch 105 Black Crappies with just two people... Is that a Guiness Book of World Records in one day amount of Black Crappie?????? 

My current source is Lake Scugog.  But soon to be banned... mes amis...