• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Float & Slay

Float & Slay

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 06:04 PM

Hello Forum:   I am looking for a place to camp via Tent that offers awesome fishing. 4-8 hours away is fine. We have a small boat and motor ( electric and gas ) and are looking for some awesome shore fishing and fan casting from a boat to the shore.  On an unrelated topic recently I found an amazing creek for Specks right here in Durham region. A never fished creek with great fishing exists right here.  This is in Zone 17 - - - - -Also zone 17 an amazing Brown Trout 4.5 lbs was accomplished with worm/float bouncing off a partially submerged tree. Again this is right here in the Durham region, this one was a main Trib with just me fishing the hole-----ONE WEEK AGO.

#2 Knuguy

Knuguy

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 08:18 PM

The Muskoka lakes don't seem to get much fishing pressure despite the number of 'cottages'----I guess if you own a $2-3 million place you don't go there to fish. I'm not sure how many campsites you'll find but some of the islands seem to have crown land. You might think about G Bay as well----Massag Park 

#3 flowerjohn

flowerjohn

Sunfish

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 09:02 PM

Yeah. When you own one of those you get pusaterie's to deliver your fish. I go out on Roseau and joe and no one fishes there. They have everything in them.

#4 Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey

Sunfish

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:40 AM

Restoule Provincial Park may have everything you're looking for. http://www.ontariopa...m/park/restoule

#5 Berg

Berg

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 10:35 PM

GRCA campsite near Brantford looked good when I was there.

#6 Default_User

Default_User

Sunfish

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 11:06 PM

I like Silent Lake Provincial Park as well BonnEcho

#7 craigsonJ

craigsonJ

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 18 June 2015 - 09:00 AM

GRCA campsite near Brantford looked good when I was there.

If u go to GRCA have an eye out for skunks. Saw 4 in the first 5 hours we were there 2 yrs ago.
Even got sprayed in the tent by a little one

#8 Liger

Liger

Sunfish

• Members
  • 216 posts

Posted 19 June 2015 - 02:21 PM

I go camping alittle north of Sudbury, and have good luck fishing for Browns and Brooks in some lakes, have you ever tryed the fish online fetcher on the MNR website??

#9 EmptyHandedRodMan

EmptyHandedRodMan

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:47 PM

thers a good spot just outside of goderich

#10 TimShovel

TimShovel

Earthworm

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:48 PM

Not sure if this will help much, but Camping near Orillia is a good bet. I don't know much about the specific parks, but you can see 2-3 foot pikes less than 6 feet from the board walk. Lake Couchiching isn't super deep, most of the it is shallower than 30 feet, but supposedly has bass(LM/SM), pickerel, pike and lake trout. 

#11 AL RICHARDS

AL RICHARDS

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 February 2016 - 12:34 AM

Zec Restigo about one hr north of North Bay, drive to wilderness lakes great camping amazing fishing

http://zecrestigo.reseauzec.com/en

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: fishing, camping, bass, trout, pike, musky, northern pike, small boat & motor