• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 grayer

grayer

Sunfish

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:41 PM

I know this kind of goes against this section of the forum, but I thought it would be best to ask here. I'm relatively new within the last few years to tying flies, and I have made some definite progress but there are still lots of flies that are pretty hard for me to tie and they don't seem to work out the way I want lol. Just wondering if anyone has ordered flies online in bulk? I find going to sail and local shops very pricey, I'm not all for paying 2-4$ per fly. It is mostly dry flies that are difficult to tie for me. Thanks in advance! 

Cheers. 

#2 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 10:33 PM

REELFLIES, great flies and great prices.  Plus Canadian :  http://www.reelflies.ca/

#3 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 22 July 2015 - 11:54 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^  Reel Flies is best place to shop online, free shipping on orders over $60.   Steve and the crew there are great people with awesome customer service

#4 Paul1913

Paul1913

Perch

• Active Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:19 PM

Yup reelflies. I ordered from them several times great products and quality. Produced many results !!

#5 Swing4Steel

Swing4Steel

Swing and float

• Active Members
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 07:27 PM

Lots on amazon

#6 Berg

Berg

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 12:00 AM

Going to order some for the fall, has anyone tried the special packs they sell? ie "48 Steelhead Selection" Seems like a good way to make the fly box a little more versatile.

#7 RiverRuns

RiverRuns

Sunfish

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 04:31 PM

I found that if you want to tie quality hackled dry flies, you need quality hackle...not cheap.
Alternately, tie comparadun dries with deer hair, or try cdc style flies... both will usually do the job, are quicker to tie, and the materials are not as pricey.

#8 GuitarBuildingAngler

GuitarBuildingAngler

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 09:37 PM

My vote goes for Artflies on Ebay. Try them out. Their dries and nymphs are unreal. Great flies. They are super affordable and located in North York. 

#9 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 10:13 PM

Going to order some for the fall, has anyone tried the special packs they sell? ie "48 Steelhead Selection" Seems like a good way to make the fly box a little more versatile.

no, go through the pages and pick out what you want, $60 gets a good selection, almost enough to fill  fly box, and gets you free shipping

#10 Berg

Berg

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 02 August 2015 - 11:32 PM

no, go through the pages and pick out what you want, $60 gets a good selection, almost enough to fill fly box, and gets you free shipping

Thanks for the advice.