• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:38 AM

So I was at a local spot this weekend, one I go to often, I usually never see many people here. So I went out for 3-4hrs to come back to my car and the driver side window smashed ! So I checked out everything and here is what the a-holes stole:  From the inside my a baby seat! yes the baby seat , my 4 yr old sons toys in the back seat, all the change form my change pocket my business cell phone, numerous CD,s . Now on to the trunk..... My 3 weight orvis superfine glass rod with a orvis battenkill reel, My fenwick( elite river tech ) ultralight rod with a shimano symetre reel, all my ultralight tackle, plus my Simms headwater sling bag loaded with 4 boxes of flies, 5 spools of tippet. I called the police who took a report but where kind enough to tell that I probably wont see any of that stuff again, he said it is difficult to find these kind of crimes. :(  So I contacted my insurance company to see what they could do, they said they would put in a claim but said it could take a couple of months and I will not get back the full value of my stuff, and that it might impact my rates!!!! ( I have all the receipts for my fishing gear and the car seat and have sent copies to the insurance company). 

The thing that pisses me off the most is the douche actually stole my sons car seat!!!  What a piece of sh-t!

#2 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:43 AM

Wow - sorry to hear.  Keep an eye out on the online ads and you may just get lucky - some of the folk aren't the smartest.  Bring a friend and a bat.  Good luck with it man :(

#3 ChromeAddict

ChromeAddict

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 11:44 AM

What a jerk, I hope you get your stuff back.

#4 Tyger

Tyger

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:26 PM

That sucks! Yeah, keep an eye out on kijiji. Didyou happen to record the serial numbers from your rods/reels?

#5 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:08 PM

any chance you can share the place. it would help us keeping an eye on personal belongings and vehicles in case they might strike again. It could either deter them from stealing or they get caught.

#6 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 01:50 PM

Thanks guys, actually the rod has my name on it, the wife got it  for me for a anniversary gift last year and had it personelized, so i dont expect to see it listed any where ( unless that douche is completly stupid ).

I am most upset that he/she/they actually stole my kids car seat!!!!  My god how low can you go.

As far as location it was on a section of  a "grand " location.

#7 creek chub in your pocket

creek chub in your pocket

Sunfish

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 02:32 PM

my god thats pathetic.

hopefully it turns up as that is the lowest of the low.

people are pathetic.

#8 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:29 PM

That sucks hard. Hope the stealer(s) get their just desserts in the end and you can get your stuff back.

#9 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 03:44 PM

Thanks guys, actually the rod has my name on it, the wife got it for me for a anniversary gift last year and had it personelized, so i dont expect to see it listed any where ( unless that douche is completly stupid ).

I am most upset that he/she/they actually stole my kids car seat!!!! My god how low can you go.

As far as location it was on a section of a "grand " location.

As far as a Grand location, is it a dead-end rd with a number of cottages along it? If so I know the place. The axes have been trying to keep anglers away for a few years. My friends truck was robbed, the locals have spread nails on the road and poured chemicals on car hoods.
The reason being the few who leave all their trash on the riverbank. ( more axes.)

Alfie.

#10 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 05:10 PM

No Alfiegee, was not that area, i know of that place, but this is a area that is a  little closer to home for me.

#11 flowerjohn

flowerjohn

Sunfish

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 08:46 PM

Feel for you wooly. Had my kid's stroller stolen off the front yard ten years back. It still pisses me off to this day. On the subject of some land owners on the grand I can honestly say from my experiences that they can be some of the biggest aholes I have ever met and I live in the big sh..ty. I won't fish down that way again. It's a shame. All of it. Cheers man.

#12 Alfiegee

Alfiegee

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 09:33 PM

I guess I can't blame the folks that live there. A lot of people leave a lot of trash. Pisses me off too. I try and carry out more than I bring in every time.
Problem is the locals with their nails in the road and smash and grabs are harming well meaning people who are on their side.
Not sure that is what happened with you wooly, maybe it was just malicious theft.
But to any local vandals who may see this. A man, his wife and 2 kids show up to fish. They don't leave any litter but pick up a nail in their tire. The tire blows up at 110 kph on the 403 on the way home. Car rolls.....

Alfie.

#13 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 10:30 PM

That sucks WB, that would be so irritating and annoying. That they took a booster seat is mind boggling. There are a-holes everywhere. I'm not sure what you can do to prevent something like this.

Cameras in parking lots?

Whoever did this couldn't have walked away with all of that - they would have needed a vehicle to put it in. 

With surveillance footage, you would at least have the vehicle info and plates!

#14 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 07:36 AM

I live on kijiji, especially fishing stuff, I'll keep my eyes open.

#15 artimus001

artimus001

Sunfish

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 09:24 AM

cheaters, liars and thieves..... all the same to me.

i'll keep Kijiji covered in London for ya.

#16 sakimano

sakimano

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 06:41 PM

Wow - sorry to hear. Keep an eye out on the online ads and you may just get lucky - some of the folk aren't the smartest. Bring a friend and a bat. Good luck with it man :(

That kid in London did that trying to get his cell phone back. It got him killed.

http://www.theglobea...?service=mobile

#17 thebigchombowombocombo

thebigchombowombocombo

Sunfish

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 07:14 PM

That kid in London did that trying to get his cell phone back. It got him killed.

http://www.theglobea...?service=mobile

I had a friend I worked with who was best friends with that kid. They were going to be roomies for their first year at uni.

That kid apparently went out with his sister and tracked 3 guys down to get his phone back at like 5am or something.

The 3 guys started to drive off and this kid tried to jump into the car window. Got shot afterwards

#18 Fishheads

Fishheads

Float Fishing Superstore

• Active Members
  • 754 posts

Posted 02 September 2015 - 09:45 PM

Man. I hate hearing these stories.  It's never fair.  Send me your address in a PM and I will send you some flies on the house.

#19 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 08:57 AM

Man. I hate hearing these stories.  It's never fair.  Send me your address in a PM and I will send you some flies on the house.

Wow thank you brother! I have sent all my reciepts into the insurance company, they will fully cover the car seat, but will only give 30% value of all other items.

Again thank you, i will PM you

#20 Knuguy

Knuguy

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:57 AM

How someone like that can sleep at night is beyond me!!! No conscience whatsoever, I guess.