• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cork

cork

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:34 AM

I currently use Korkers Chrome but I've developed planters fasciitis, I'm wondering if anybody is using a boot that has a good arch support or does anybody use an insert in the wading boot, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

#2 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:38 AM

go buy the the air supports from shoppers specifically for plantars, they are around $22, get the ones with the plastic arch support, the foam ones suck.  the ones i have are airplus for plantars, have had them in my work shoes for a year and they haven't worn down at all.  when you get them only wear them for a couple of hours at a time to start with, otherwise your feet will hurt more

there are no wading boots or shoes that will help that, I 've had to deal with that before, the pain lasted about 6 months.  you need to walk on soft surfaces, and stretch it out best you can, push on a wall, roll a tennis ball under your foot.  it will take a while for the pain to go away

#3 cork

cork

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:58 PM

I'll do that. Thanks for your help FF. So has your pain gone away? I was told that I would have the pain forever.

#4 staffman

staffman

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:31 PM

Your pain will go away if you follow FF suggestions.

#5 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:47 PM

as of now, im pain free, plantars can either be chronic, recurring, or just a one time thing, it just takes a long time to heal up from it, insoles and stretch it out best you can.  basically what it is, is a swollen tendon, and some mornings you won't be able to walk on it when you get out of bed.  it sucks, but you just gotta fight the pain away, and deal with it

#6 flandogg

flandogg

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:21 AM

Have you tried putting custom orthodic inserts into your wading boots? Tbh I don't think any wading boot could give you the support a custom orthodox insert can. Try it with your Korkers, or if they are tight with the insert, get another wading boot half or one size up and have at it. It makes a huge difference especially when we are standing all day.

#7 artimus001

artimus001

Sunfish

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:29 AM

i hope that you are able to find some sorta relief. i watched my brother have to deal with this. nasty pain...

#8 cork

cork

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:11 PM

Thanks guys. I'll let you know how it works out

#9 Shmogley

Shmogley

Luck is one of my skills!

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 11:11 AM

friend of mine uses supportive hiking boots as his wading boot. they have the support he needed. they dont drain water as well and take longer to dry but his immediate comfort has a value that offsets those things.

maybe try to find some of those if the inserts dont work for you. just a quick google search of hiking boots and plantar fasciitis will lead you to several excellent brands/models

just stick to the ones with vibram soles if you want the better grip, assuming you dont put studs in them.