• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Skinny

Skinny

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 08:34 PM

Ok guys, new to the site, looking for some help.

Last year I went up near Britt, north of Parry Sound, for an annual guys ice fishing trip and it failed big time. 1 pickerel caught in 4 days, ouch.

This year I'm thinking about Northern Michigan, or Northern Ontario (Wawa, Timmins). Does anyone have any experience in these areas that can recommend a cabin/hotel/hut rental. I don't have a portable ice hut so no matter where I stay they need to offer ice huts.

If at all possible, does anyone know of a rental that supplies you with a hut, augers, snowmobile....  basically everything that you would need to go ice fishing, (I have rods, tip-ups, tackle, ect).

Anything that you guys can recommend would be great.

#2 Diana Danger

Diana Danger

Steel Bunny

• Active Members
  • 893 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 05:30 PM

Ok guys, new to the site, looking for some help.

Last year I went up near Britt, north of Parry Sound, for an annual guys ice fishing trip and it failed big time. 1 pickerel caught in 4 days, ouch.

This year I'm thinking about Northern Michigan, or Northern Ontario (Wawa, Timmins). Does anyone have any experience in these areas that can recommend a cabin/hotel/hut rental. I don't have a portable ice hut so no matter where I stay they need to offer ice huts.

If at all possible, does anyone know of a rental that supplies you with a hut, augers, snowmobile....  basically everything that you would need to go ice fishing, (I have rods, tip-ups, tackle, ect).

Anything that you guys can recommend would be great.

For the ice equipment rentals you mentioned I would check out this place:

http://www.sportrent...ls-Ontario.html

They are located off the 400 in Vaughan and have everything you are looking to rent, including snowmobiles + flashers.

Keep us posted on how you make out :D