6 replies to this topic

#1 CWebNation

CWebNation

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 10:07 AM

19 days and counting....

I'm so pumped to fish this lake (which is now my home lake after buying a house in Eagle Lake Village) hard all day everyday for the month of February. I hope I can find a honey-hole or two.

Of course, if anyone wants to point me to other lakes close by I'd be appreciative.

#2 alwayscatching

alwayscatching

Smallmouth Bass

• Moderators
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 02:31 PM

My brother lives in minden. He's a provincial constable out there. I've gone a bunch of times ice fishing Kash. Take a look at that lake when it's frozen.

#3 CWebNation

CWebNation

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 January 2016 - 05:00 PM

Right on. Thanks for the heads up. Kash seems big so I'll definitely needs lots of time to explore. I've heard Soyers has a nice Pickerel population and it is smaller which therefore would be more manageable.

#4 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 05:01 PM

What are you hoping to catch? I'm guessing eyes?

I'm just past Eagle Lake... well the cottage is... I'm in the shithole known as the GTA 340 days a year. I think my cousin lives just a bit west of you between maple and green

Might be heading up there around the same time as you - Lot of great trout lakes abound too - hit me up if have any questions, no expert but I've been fishing the area my whole life

#5 CWebNation

CWebNation

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 08:19 PM

I expect to catch eyes. I'd really like to find perch and crappie in the area though. I'm not a big fan as I also live in Yellowniife and all we have is lakers so frankly I'm tired of catching them. Hahaha

I'll PM you soon. New friends are always a good time.

#6 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:31 AM

Sick of lakers!!! LOL that's 80% what I'm after up there. Not just though... there are good splake lakes, rainbow lakes and if you got a snowmobile good speckle lakes too.

You are literally surrounded by nearly every species - I'm beyond jealous. Ton of lakes with yellow perch but I'm not aware of any lakes with crappie.. now whether that's because they don't exist or just due to the fact I've never targeted them is up in the air hahah.

Ya def hit me up some time, even if only exchange stories and spots

#7 alwayscatching

alwayscatching

Smallmouth Bass

• Moderators
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:56 PM

I have some great Walleye water up there but I am definitely lips tight! Unless of course someone has access to private property for splake aha. I have good whitefish/laker and walleye waters thats it.