• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 Paul1913

Paul1913

Perch

• Active Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:23 PM

So after doing some research I decided to pull the trigger on the Fishbum Hoodie. They seemed to get very good reviews, being windproof, great design etc. The Boxing Day order came with a free shirt when you order over 24.99 or whatever the price was. The hoodie was 100$... I decided to pick up another T'Shirt from them too. 

Order placed on Dec 24th after drinking some good egg nog. I didn't receive any confirmation on the order or anything so I decide to email the CR the following Monday, Dec 28th (after the Xmas weekend). From the CR page it says the hoodies are smaller, so take one size smaller. I ask for a Medium vs a Large..

From the web site, they say it can take about 21 business days for the shirts / sweaters.. Sure, no problem with that. I get a reply the next day the 29th and from my understanding the change is made to the order. This would mean I should have my stuff by Jan 25th ish or so. .

Fast forward another 2 weeks, Jan 11th, no other info, so I decide to reach out again. I get a reply from a different person stating that over xmas there could be longer delays due to holidays so more than the 21 business days.  etc.. Sure makes sense...

T-Shirt comes in separately but no hoddie...

February 2nd.. Another email... get bounced back to the original CR... No reply until I send both another email February 8th.. Feb 9th I get a reply that it should be there by the end of the week or early next.. It arrives Feb 16th, from the WayBill it was shipped Feb 11th...... Wrong Size..... The order was not changed and Im told that that it is when it goes out for production there is no changes made. Completely contradicting themselves. They used the excuse of holidays for things not being processed. 

Im just very disappointed as I much rather support a local store / business than a large chain. 

By far the worst Customer Service that I have ever experienced.. Im sure that this is not the norm but completely turns me off from buying anything else from them.

/EndRant

#2 staffman

staffman

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:37 PM

Note to self: never ever order fishbum products.

#3 Paul1913

Paul1913

Perch

• Active Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:41 PM

Im sure this is a one off but come on.. you expect better CR from a  small company.. If a mistake is made thats fine.. but dont bullshit the customer.. it shows...

#4 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 01:52 PM

wow, that sucks!  every company should strive for the best customer service.

I could see the delay in shipping over Chirstmas, they probably use a generic supplier that applies their graphics, and they got backlogged.  Still, not an excuse for them to not be prepared for an influx.

Another story along the same lines.  My boss placed a huge order ($400) with reelflies to take advantage of their boxing day sale, he was also buying for others as well, not just himself, end of January, hasn't heard anything from them, then he gets a phone call from Steve, the owner, who admitted that they got caught with their pants down and didn't have enough in stock for the demand.  They're sending some stuff out now, and the rest out later when they have it back in stock

#5 Paul1913

Paul1913

Perch

• Active Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:08 PM

@FF Ive dealt woth Steve and their service is excellent so is their products...

Sooo...  a quick update..15 minutes after posting this.. I get an updated email, that I will be getting a replacement hoodie, free of charge, and proper size....

So I will give it to them to correcting their mistakes.

#6 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:53 PM

Yep it is, was just a story of a company getting caught short is all

#7 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:54 PM

Still it should have to take you going onto a public forum to rant, before they decide to fix the issue. Seems like they a scared of "bad" publicity. But I think they still showed very poor customer service in your case.

I hope they give you a freebie of some kind for the all the trouble.

#8 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 02:58 PM

FF that sucks, for I am in the same boat waiting on a order from reel flies that I placed boxing day, they also informed me they where way under stock, and I will receive my order by March. But he was kind enough to say that they will send me 10 free flies for the inconvenience. A small gesture but still trying to keep his customers happy, which a-ok in my books.

I love this company and there flies!

#9 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:27 PM

I've ordered from fishbums on a trout hoodie. Everything went smoothly...Dealt with steve i think. but it wasn't during the Holidays so that might be why. Quality of clothing was great tho. can't complain.

#10 Shawarma

Shawarma

Perch

• Active Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 03:41 PM

These hoodies look pretty awesome. They've done a great job on them. 

it's unfortuante that a public post is what drives the proper resolution, but there are plenty of companies that will say "tough" even with it going to a public forum. 

Give us a review of the product after some use! I'm interested :) 

#11 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:33 PM

quality wise, very solid. great materials...just be careful about sizing. check their size chart as I think it's not a standard one. I order a large one thinking it would fit the same as a large gap or AE or any apparel...but it looked huge on me. It was fine as I can put some layer of clothes underneath during cool temps.

#12 Paul1913

Paul1913

Perch

• Active Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:35 PM

Yea, i followed the sizing chart, and then when I went to the CR section it says, order one size smaller.. But the quality does seem very solid. im curious how long the water resistance lasts. 

@Dill, how are they in the wind?

#13 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 04:50 PM

wind is fine Paul...but just a reminder, the hoodie I got isn't for cold temps. you need to bundle up underneath. & I believe it's waterproof. I don't know a lot about clothing But my wife used to work for outdoors clothing and she said it's a soft shell fabric whatever that means.

#14 Paul1913

Paul1913

Perch

• Active Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 05:28 PM

I'm sure you can use the same water proofing you use for gortex once it' starts to fade or lose its water resistance

#15 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 07:41 PM

wind is fine Paul...but just a reminder, the hoodie I got isn't for cold temps. you need to bundle up underneath. & I believe it's waterproof. I don't know a lot about clothing But my wife used to work for outdoors clothing and she said it's a soft shell fabric whatever that means.

soft shell fabric is what columbia uses on their spring/fall coats

#16 Berg

Berg

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:13 AM

@FF You have to hand it to reel flies' owner for reaching out and apologizing himself. Every company will get caught sometimes, not every company will own up to it. Nice story, I have ordered from reelflies in the past and can attest to the quality service and products.

#17 Berg

Berg

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:15 AM

PS Paul1913 that's too bad about the clothing order. I would be a bit rattled too.

#18 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 06:08 PM

So after doing some research I decided to pull the trigger on the Fishbum Hoodie. They seemed to get very good reviews, being windproof, great design etc. The Boxing Day order came with a free shirt when you order over 24.99 or whatever the price was. The hoodie was 100$... I decided to pick up another T'Shirt from them too. 

Order placed on Dec 24th after drinking some good egg nog. I didn't receive any confirmation on the order or anything so I decide to email the CR the following Monday, Dec 28th (after the Xmas weekend). From the CR page it says the hoodies are smaller, so take one size smaller. I ask for a Medium vs a Large..

From the web site, they say it can take about 21 business days for the shirts / sweaters.. Sure, no problem with that. I get a reply the next day the 29th and from my understanding the change is made to the order. This would mean I should have my stuff by Jan 25th ish or so. .

Fast forward another 2 weeks, Jan 11th, no other info, so I decide to reach out again. I get a reply from a different person stating that over xmas there could be longer delays due to holidays so more than the 21 business days.  etc.. Sure makes sense...

T-Shirt comes in separately but no hoddie...

February 2nd.. Another email... get bounced back to the original CR... No reply until I send both another email February 8th.. Feb 9th I get a reply that it should be there by the end of the week or early next.. It arrives Feb 16th, from the WayBill it was shipped Feb 11th...... Wrong Size..... The order was not changed and Im told that that it is when it goes out for production there is no changes made. Completely contradicting themselves. They used the excuse of holidays for things not being processed. 

Im just very disappointed as I much rather support a local store / business than a large chain. 

By far the worst Customer Service that I have ever experienced.. Im sure that this is not the norm but completely turns me off from buying anything else from them.

/EndRant

Good to know Fishbum set things straight but sucks that you had to make a public rant to get it settled.

Reel flies has the best customer service.  I ordered during their boxing day sale and had a few mistakes but they fixed it asap.

Very happy with their customer service.

#19 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:19 PM

Could not agree with you more Pump, love Reelflies, they where quick to tell me that my order was going to be late and that I would receive 10 free flies for the inconvenience!  Awesome customer service.  

#20 fishwater frenzy

fishwater frenzy

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:10 PM

I haven't had any luck with fishbum customer service. I ordered shirts that look nothing like the ones on the site, (missing colors). Sent wrong size and wrong gender. I originally called and was told entire order was in stock and the entire order had shipped. I didn't receive the entire order many days after it was supposed to have arrived. with a note on the invoice that said one shirt was back ordered.

One shirt had the tag cut out so they could print there logo but the shirt was damaged where they cut it. It was also the wrong gender shirt.  The other shirt i received does not contain the colors shown on there website. I was charged $114.00 usd for three shirts. I think I was double charged shipping. if i remember correctly there was an $11 shipping charge that was rolled into the cost of each shirt and then charged $20 for shipping. They also gave away free art work card that was wrinkled up cracked and tore in the package of shirts.

They now don't answer there phone, they don't return emails, but  were quick to process the credit card payment. Save yourself the disappointment and wasted money and time. No quality, No customer service and there site is misleading as to what the actual shirts look like. They should change the name to FIshBummer.

I was really excited to get the shirts and maybe This was an isolated event but regardless I cant even talk to a person there to remedy the situation.