• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dbewley

dbewley

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 10:39 AM

This may seem like a silly quetsion but I am not sure what to do as I have never fished Temagami before.  Heading there in late May for three days of pickerel and lake trout fishing.

I have a 14 foot aluminum shell boat with a 25hp.  I also have a 17 foot fiberglas shell with a 90hp.  Both boats have their advantages ad disadvantages depending on the lake and the type of fishing. The 14 does not have a electric trolling motor the 17 does.  I have a fish finder in both.  The 17 is the choice for comfort and has a live well.

I gues my concerns with the 17 is coming into shallow waters not knowing the lake, much easire to recover from with the 14.

Has anyone here fished Temagami and what would your thoughts be on boat selection and why?

Thanks in advance!

Doug

#2 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:04 AM

either one will be fine, my boss has his cottage there on one of the islands, he uses a 14ft to go from town to the island, but has 17ft boats on other lakes in the area.

you will have to watch out for the shoals

#3 dbewley

dbewley

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 11:13 AM

Thanks for the comments.  The shoals are what I am concerned about, but I would not be moving at any great speeds with either boat in these areas, but more likely to come accross something with the bigger boat as there is more of it below the water line.   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Boats