• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lucario

lucario

Sunfish

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 March 2016 - 08:39 PM

i was just about to buy powerpro no joke just about to put it on the counter but my buddie said" dont buy powerpro it eats your guide" since i wanted to buy i nice rod for my self i was worried and he told me spiderwire isnt good so what do i buy i heard my windknots are from my style of fishing and casting so im not worried about powerpro knotes so i thought to buy superslick but well i was running the sample of line and in the 10 min waiting in a crowed Walmart line it was sheered maybe it was a open to the element sample   so this worries me of the quality maybe it was a lemon or not  :???:

#2 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 07:47 PM

Power Pro is made not to cut guides .

#3 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:05 PM

PP will not cut your guide, been using on pier casting rod for a few years now.  you can also buy rods that have guides made for braided line.

#4 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 08:56 PM

RECoil guides do groove, loomis puts them on someof their rods. Most factory rods come with ceramics which are fine with pretty much any braid.

#5 ChasinTails

ChasinTails

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,886 posts

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:22 PM

I use power pro almost exclusively and have never had a problem on any of my 15+ rods. You should be fine, look for high quality rods, the cheaper stuff will probably groove as its meant for mono