• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 chinooky

chinooky

Sunfish

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:53 AM

Started watching WFN with the free preview this month but haven't been as interested as I thought I would be. For those of you that subscribe, what shows would you recommend?

#2 FishFinder17

FishFinder17

Sunfish

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 10:43 PM

I subscribe to it and to be honest I haven't been that impressed. I enjoy Muskie Hunter and the show that italo labignan hosts (I think it's Canadian Sportfishing...) but other than that its a lot of ocean fishing/florida fisherman. Most shows are loaded with ads/demos for various brands. I started watching uncut angling 39 hours on youtube and it's been better than anything on WFN...

just my thoughts..

#3 finnigan

finnigan

Sunfish

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:23 AM

Orvis guide to fly fishing is alright, and fly fusion is amazing but I think there might only be one episode cause I haven't seen it on there since I watched it. Which would be a shame bc the scenary and camera work was top notch.

#4 fenwickfisher

fenwickfisher

Sunfish

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:59 PM

Ill agree with these other guys not much on there...king of the river was ok as well as a few mentioned above...a lot of saltwater fishing and ads

#5 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:13 PM

King of the river, fly fusion. only reason why i still have wfn...sometimes i watch crappie kings. other than that, it's shill-fest.....once in a while you get april vokey who's easy on the eyes....

#6 tombo

tombo

Sunfish

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:38 AM

We need a OFN channel! Too many shows irrelevant to our local types of fishing.

#7 MuskieBait

MuskieBait

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 11:40 AM

I'm in the complete opposite camp. I'm tired of watching yet another show about local species. You can watch them on some local channels on Saturday or Sunday already. I'm especially sick of bass shows or shows about bass tournaments. Every show is practically the same...flipping, dropshot, swimbait, senko, slop/pad frogging...it doesn't matter who's the host and where they are fishing...same poop over and over again. As soon as a bass show comes on, I change the channel.

The current shows that I look forward to are Wild Fish Wild Places (international), Fishing Amazonia (Amazon River), Robson Green Extreme Fishing (international), Grand Slam Fishing (New Zealand), Mark Berg's Fishing Addiction (Australia) and Hook on Africa (self explanatory).

There used to be a couple of good shows on the UK, even one show that was dedicated to carp and coarse fishing. Those were fun to watch and lots to learn.

Want to learn to fish? Grab a magazine, read, and then go out fishing at your local bodies of water. I watch WFN so I get to learn some of the fishing that isn't available locally at all, and then either dream about fishing those places, or work hard and save hard to make those dreams into realities.

When people say "I've never even seen or heard of that fish before"...that's a sign you should widen your scope and actually see what the WORLD has to offer. After all, it is the WORLD Fishing Network...not LOCAL Fishing Network.

#8 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:05 PM

Thought it was the Womens Fishing Network

#9 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:13 PM

It's all about bass & muskies or walleye in WFN most of the time. and of course the shilling that goes with it as to the lures "that keeps fish holding on longer". they show less and less fly fishing & other stuff. Robson Green only comes up 1 every 2 weeks i think, it's mostly Italo, Horton & the rest are from south USA...

#10 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:36 PM

And of course the catch a fish on every cast rechargeable blinking vibrating lure.
Guaranteed.
They'll send you a dollar back.
Claiming the other 19 bucks was shipping and handling costs.

#11 prime89

prime89

Sunfish

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:22 PM

Hi

Just got tv with bell I love the wfn channel, yea it's got alot of adds and boring bass shows with the same stuff, but hey its fishing! Don't really know any shows on the network yet but there's usually something nice to watch and learn.