• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 11:45 AM

They weren't bass, water was crystal clear and I could clearly see them all. 

No bass in this bunch

#42 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:02 PM

did you even try pump? spotted a few mixed with suckers. I was using egg sucking leech...they tend to check it out but no takers...had some small bows on dries on another pool but that was the only action i got.

#43 pfc_ivan

pfc_ivan

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:05 PM

If you're only sight fishing for steelhead, then it would be harder after this rain. most of them has gone back to the lake. If you're just wanting some trout, then there are a lot of resident trout on the rivers. Don't let the water deceive you. They are there. If there are steels left, they would be under logs and overhangs now as oppose to the openers where they could care less if they're exposed. I've been to the river 5x since openers and all i've been catching are resis 'cept for one steel.

Hey man,

In terms of rough percentages of all rainbow/steelhead population, what would you say is the amount staying in the rivers and the amount going back to the lake. I mean if only 2% stay in the river and 98% already went back to the lake, I am not going to bother. It took me 3 months to catch one last year in their best season from September - December.

Thanks,

#44 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:14 PM

Yup, I tried and didn't have any luck in that pool.  My buddy did manage to land a huge hen on a woolly bugger.

The fish were stacked in 5 pools and only managed 3 ranging in 3-6lbs.  The best part was nobody else was fishing except for us.  I just wish we had better conditions, coloured water and overcast, we went in the middle of the day sun scorching.

#45 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:49 PM

Hey man,

In terms of rough percentages of all rainbow/steelhead population, what would you say is the amount staying in the rivers and the amount going back to the lake. I mean if only 2% stay in the river and 98% already went back to the lake, I am not going to bother. It took me 3 months to catch one last year in their best season from September - December.

Thanks,

Steelheads usually go back to the lake, I don't think they would survive staying on the rivers. there are nice size bows in the rivers. The biggest rainbow I caught is 15". Some brown trout & smallies during summer.

#46 NaturehasIT

NaturehasIT

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 15 May 2016 - 02:08 AM

Yup, I tried and didn't have any luck in that pool.  My buddy did manage to land a huge hen on a woolly bugger.

The fish were stacked in 5 pools and only managed 3 ranging in 3-6lbs.  The best part was nobody else was fishing except for us.  I just wish we had better conditions, coloured water and overcast, we went in the middle of the day sun scorching.

I am trying to message you but you cannot receive no more new messages.

Need some advises