• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 stimpy

stimpy

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 May 2016 - 12:59 AM

Hi guys, im originally for Toronto but have been living abroad the last 8 years and will be back in canada for july. I will be based out of parry area and will have access to a 4x4 and a canoe with a electric engine. I am looking to do up probably 4-6 overnighters and was wondering what my options where this time of the year. With this set up I was thinking i would probably have the most success fishing backcountry lakes and river for largemouth and pike. Are there any smallish rivers up that way that hold a decent amount of brookies, browns or rainbows?

Has anyone fished much back country up there? Ive been looking at the island lake area, Noganosh Lake Provincial Park, and the Magnetawan River. I have camped along the georgian bay side of french river and know that there are fish there but its hard to get out of the way of people.

The goal for the summer is to smash a 5lb bass on fly, 

Any advice/recommendations would be appreciated.

#2 prestonhights13

prestonhights13

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 11:25 PM

deleted

#3 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 11:32 AM

Parry Sound is good for trophy fishing in any lake big or small. Lots of big pike around as well. Pick up a map and take 124 North just outside of P.S, lots of places to wet a line.