• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 David1221

David1221

Earthworm

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:02 PM

Hello guys, i recently moved in Ontario for work and i would really enjoy fishing a lil more around here,

Im mostly in between Owen sound and Midland
I have decent experience with speckles trout and pike
A little with bass and walleye

So far i walked rivers a little bit mostly Bighead river And i must say i wasn't disapointed with the scenery i had there. I didn't manage to find deep pools i also ended up in the trout hollow trail witouth knowing(Figured some locals doesn't want people to use it anymore).I must say that im not used to face so many private propreties also. What ever i did find some little spots and manage to catch some smallmouth bass, 1 of those catch had a pretty nice size 11-13" fat one. I did released all of then since bass season wasn't open in this area and might go back sometime soon.

I wish i could find deep pool in this river but i think it's getting a little late and hot now for trout .. (In rivers)

I used a spoon and a worm for the
Most part.. I dont know if tubes or jigs would be better.

I also stoped by Eugenia lake casted few times caught small basses didn't really enjoyed it .. Jet skis didn't help

Then i found multiple small rivers near Singhampton most of them on private lands with warning signs.. So i did not go farther there ..

I was thinking about going a little wider now: beaver river, Sydenham river, any place near owen sound or midland.

Since i don't know any of these places i was wondering if anyone could give me hints on which area/rivers to look for. I'd like to catch pike but mostly any species would be fun.

I don't fly fish yet .. And i also don't have a boat.

Looking foward to hear about your stories guys !!

#2 Knuguy

Knuguy

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:53 PM

The Bighead and Beaver rivers are too warm for rainbows right now. They'll be back in the fall. I hear that if you bushwhack hard enough you'll  find some brook trout in some small streams.

#3 David1221

David1221

Earthworm

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:20 PM

Yeah well i might have to start looking for bass a little bit more i guess ! Ill go next saturday i guess ! Anyone knows if i can find pike in the area ?

#4 Fishing Urban Ontario

Fishing Urban Ontario

Sunfish

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:03 PM

If your looking for Pike i don't really live around that area but i do know that Muskoka is known for good Pike fishing in some spots thats not too far for you is it?

#5 David1221

David1221

Earthworm

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 10:09 PM

Nothing is too far ! Im only a little bit limited since i don't have a boat within 19 hours drive! So far i had fun hiking :P

#6 Knuguy

Knuguy

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 08:05 PM

Lots of bass in the Grand and presumably its tribs.