• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 bigugly

bigugly

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:37 PM

Mine are perch and rockbass, not to sure what my favorite is out of the two. WE usually keep a few lakers every year for the pan too I love lake trout. 

#22 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 08:50 PM

cold water smallies are very nice.  walleyes very good as well

#23 Huronfly

Huronfly

Sunfish

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 09:45 AM

Depends on the waterbody but perch, walleye, pike, hatchery steelhead will sometimes find their way on my plate.

#24 finnigan

finnigan

Sunfish

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:38 AM

Perch and smallies battered and fried. And my personal favorite a pan fried brookie. Some salt and pepper fry in butter with the skin on. Don't forget to eat that crispy tail! Mmmm

#25 Mike1212

Mike1212

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:28 PM

Whitefish has to be my personal favourite

#26 Fishing Urban Ontario

Fishing Urban Ontario

Sunfish

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:29 AM

I don't eat fish often but I have eaten Lake Erie Yellow Perch and Smallmouth Bass. I have also eaten Smallmouth Bass an a Brown Bullhead Catfish out of the Grand. I surprised but the Catfish was tasty than the rest, just don't have them too often since its not healthy. Has anyone ever tired carp? Does it really taste like dirt? 

#27 corsara

corsara

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 11:41 AM

Growing up in Eastern Europe, carp was the only bigger fish we could get.  My mom used to stuff it in the way turkeys are stuffed for thanksgiving, and then in the oven slow cook for hours---it was one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten.  I'll have to look up the recipe next time I talk to her.   One thing I remember though is that it had lots of small bones, so had to be careful when eating.

#28 Sensfan

Sensfan

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 04:36 AM

Black Crappy and Walleye.

#29 BearInTheWoods

BearInTheWoods

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:13 AM

Lake trout - Lake trout - Lake trout. I'll keep the occasional pike or bass to give to my pops too though.

I have the "luxury" and blessing to have a family cottage on a well stocked laker lake. Luxury is in quotations because the cottage itself is the farthest thing from luxury, still love it more than Mississauga.

#30 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 01 September 2016 - 09:45 AM

White fleshed fish for the pan and oily, fleshy meat for the smoker.

#31 bharkasaig

bharkasaig

Sunfish

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 06:10 PM

corsara - when you get that recipe, please share.

Love perch and rock bass. Best fish I ever had was a whitefish a buddy caught. Neither of us had had it before. First bite we were both 'dang, that's good' then no talking until it was finished.