3 replies to this topic

#1 Swany93

Swany93

Sunfish

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 12:20 AM

Hey everybody,

I'm new to Niagara on the lake and was hoping for some tips for the area! I just started fly fishing this year and I'm loving it! I got into some brook trout and smallmouth this summer and will attach some pictures. I just got a new 3 wt and was hoping to get a few pointers on some creek or smaller rivers that carry some Browns or Brookies. Not trying to step on any toes or want to know any honey holes but some tips would be great!
If anyone from the area was wiling to go out that would be great as well! Thanks for the help ahead of time!

Ps anyone know of any fly shops in the area they would recommend?

All the best!

Swany

Attached Images

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

#2 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 04:47 PM

Not many options for resident trout in niagara. Most of the inland rivers are muddy and stagnant.

#3 Bow Man

Bow Man

Smallmouth Bass

• Banned
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 10:05 PM

Where are you from originally? Also welcome to the forum, nice to see another fly guy. Like Niagara said not much in the way of resident trout in the general Niagara area.

#4 Swany93

Swany93

Sunfish

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 07:22 PM

Where are you from originally? Also welcome to the forum, nice to see another fly guy. Like Niagara said not much in the way of resident trout in the general Niagara area.

Im from Cambridge! A buddy of mine on this forum taught me in the spring and we went out in the spring and summer quit a bit! And thanks glad to be here! I would try for some steelhead or salmon but unfortunately i don't have the proper equipment as of yet aha.  There are some creeks in the KW that hold resident trout and some stocked browns so was hoping to go out and find something like that haha. Guess ill stick with fishing for some smallies in some rivers around haha