Photo

Any experience walleye angler looking to fish from boat?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 frank25

frank25

Sunfish

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:36 PM

Hey guys am trying to make the best of my boat before the weather gets cold. I am located in the gta & would like to target lake simcoe, rice lake or where ever their is good walleye fishing. Not looking for any contribution towards expense just anglers who are experience & would like to fish from boat. Please message me if interested

#2 McLean2016

McLean2016

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 12:32 PM

Hey frank25, I grew up fishing BOQ, and have quite a bit of experience with walleye fishing from a boat. Have all the gear from bottom bouncers, jiggin, trolling, and even slip bobber fishing them. I live in Hamilton now, and have a couple spots that are semi local that hold the gold bars. If your ever up this way, or need a fishing partner let me know.
Winter time I'm mostly on simcoe, or 30 minutes from there I have a Great Lake for walleye.
We usually go and catch whities all morning on simcoe, then hit the smaller lake for walleye in the evening.

#3 frank25

frank25

Sunfish

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:50 PM

thanks for the response bro, i just got back from rice it was a tough day battling choppy water & seeking cover behind islands.

I know am going to sound like a broken record but yes i got skunk again on rice & not just me but all other anglers that was on the water.

I have a good feeling that the spots all of us like to fish are depleted & i think the reason why most of us are fishing around the same areas is because we are concern about the sunken railroad because i can see not one boat is fishing around their or northwest of it & if i can recall my first time on rice me & another angler caught walleye in this area & drifted right over the railroad.

i mean it's only logical where their is constant fishing pressure it will be only a matter of time till the stock is depleted.

But  i did try a few new spots this time, i trolled around spook the otanabee mouth & inside the canal but not even a sunfish hit & i was using live bait.

I just couldn't believe no pan fish wasn't even around that kinda told me something was wrong. If i knew it was going to be this bad i would of spend another hour & drive to picton. 

As much as i like rice i give up, even if the fish are in locations we dont know of its too difficult navigating especially in those choppy conditions.

#4 frank25

frank25

Sunfish

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:57 PM

Hey frank25, I grew up fishing BOQ, and have quite a bit of experience with walleye fishing from a boat. Have all the gear from bottom bouncers, jiggin, trolling, and even slip bobber fishing them. I live in Hamilton now, and have a couple spots that are semi local that hold the gold bars. If your ever up this way, or need a fishing partner let me know.
Winter time I'm mostly on simcoe, or 30 minutes from there I have a Great Lake for walleye.
We usually go and catch whities all morning on simcoe, then hit the smaller lake for walleye in the evening.

i dont think i'll enjoy hamilton as much as the kawarthas i heard the water a murkey their. I like fishing scenic lakes even though it hard fishing. i probably had better luck fishing docks weed edge today but i got bored of catching large mouth & was really eager to land a few walleyes.

#5 McLean2016

McLean2016

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 01:01 AM

darn, rough day but at least you got out on the water. I grew up just outside of picton, and fished big island, BOQ, and the deseronto telegraph narrows until I left at 18. Tons of great spots down that way for sure, as for rice. I heard it's not what it once was, sucks but hopefully it will make a comeback.
My walleye holes are north of the hammer, don't get me wrong depending on the time of year their are some great local spots here.
When I remember how to post pics I'll throw some local ones on here

#6 frank25

frank25

Sunfish

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:13 PM

I don't know guy but I couldn't tell u when last I saw a report of anglers landing walleye around the hammer.

Yeah a buddy has been lemmeting to me abt boq desernto & hay bay but all these guys r basically shore anglers & r going by what other ppl tell them.

As a boater on a new lake not knowing any spots can be challenging. My biggest concern when am on a new lake is underwater hazards then if the water is rough its another obstacle since I have a shallow v which is only design for 2 feet waves.

#7 McLean2016

McLean2016

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:54 AM

I do t want to say too much, as this is a public forum. Do a search online, or on fb for Hamilton harbour stocking of the golden bars. Surprising they are catching fish steady at night off shore, and these are not small fish. Would I keep one, absolutely not. That being said, it's nice to night fish for something other than a catfish. PM me for details anyone who needs more info and is a board member

#8 frank25

frank25

Sunfish

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 03:08 PM

Ok kool.