• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 HookedUp

HookedUp

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 10:51 PM

Hi everyone I'm new here. Does anyone use jigs when fishing with centerpin? I was thinking on giving it a try.  tight lines

#2 Hucho Hucho

Hucho Hucho

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 07 October 2016 - 01:55 PM

Why not, it works.

#3 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 08:01 AM

Anything under a float is game . Well , almost everything.

#4 RiverRuns

RiverRuns

Sunfish

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 09 October 2016 - 09:07 AM

Fast, deep water...Niagara

#5 HookedUp

HookedUp

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:30 AM

Thanks for the input, I'm just starting out with Centerpin and thinking jigs would be easier to maintain and cast, and also gonna give egg sacs and beads a try. I'm tying up some jigs in 1/32 and 1/16oz size, any input would be helpful.I picked up a Rapala Classic Drifter reel and 13' rod and getting ready to give it a try, just as soon as the Kings slow down running (not sure i could handle a King on a centerpin yet!).   Tight lines

#6 thepassionateangler

thepassionateangler

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:35 AM

White marabou jigs during the winter months has been a killer for a lot of anglers that I know, including myself. Sometimes when I am fishing a slow pool, I switch up to a marabou jig, with or without a pink worm trailer. Because I am able to jig it in that pool enticing the fish to bite. Also when fishing a jig under a float, try running a slip float instead of a classic fixed float. Since the line is able to slid through the float, you are able to give action to the jig without moving your float's position during your drift, this will give you a perfect drift and some extra action to your marabou jig.

Hope this helps. Tight lines my friend!!! 

#7 tombo

tombo

Sunfish

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:49 AM

Always under a float in the Niagara.

#8 Matt Rickles

Matt Rickles

Sunfish

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 03:27 PM

Sure does work,in some situation better than anyting else. You can save in splitshot too because they're already weighted. Go slam 'em...just do it !!