17 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:04 PM

Why do I even keep WFN .
Today's topic.
Which fishing rod for which lure. lol
I guess 200 lures equals 200 rods.Buy Buy Buy.
And to think just how unarmed I've been the last 40yrs with just ultralight med and heavy rods at my disposal.
And of course these rods must be American made. lol
Yanks all for free trade but only if it benefits them.
Than its all Buy American rhetoric.

#2 NiagaraSteel

NiagaraSteel

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,462 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 09:14 AM

I barely ever watch WFN anymore now that I know more about the fishing world - and how to properly handle fish. When I do watch it, I'm disgusted at the blatant marketing the entire episode, and laugh the rest of the time at how anyone and their grandma it seems can get a show. Holding fish out of the water for two minutes while giving a speech. And I'm sure there's tons of pre-hooking and other crap that goes on. Now are canandian shows any better? I don't think so. Take a look at Italo's history or those clowns on Fish TV. Remember seeing an episode where they opened the show sight "fishing" 1ft deep riffles in a ditch and ripped a steel off a redd.

#3 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:37 AM

Lol...I only watch them babes at WFn...Luisa, Mariko & April...the rest are a sh**show...sometimes I do watch for the laughs....

favourite quotes.

"fish hold on to these baits longer"

"rapala makes the best rod and reel" while wearing a complete rapala outfit and patches...

it's a lucrative business.

#4 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:48 AM

Lol...I only watch them babes at WFn...Luisa, Mariko & April...the rest are a sh**show...sometimes I do watch for the laughs....

favourite quotes.

"fish hold on to these baits longer"

"rapala makes the best rod and reel" while wearing a complete rapala outfit and patches...

it's a lucrative business.

can't forget about rebecca on the new fly fisher!

#5 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2016 - 12:09 PM

Flyer.
Your babe April Vokey was on fly fusion this morning.
Still looking good.

#6 MuskieBait

MuskieBait

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 23 October 2016 - 10:20 PM

I can't stand WFN anymore as well. Was pretty cool and novel...and then it got very boring.

I only keep it now to watch shows with international content...Africa, Australia, South America...etc.

Do you need a whole freaking garage full of lures and rods to catch a stupid bass? Really? Is that extra rib on the plastic that much better than one without ribs? Is Alabama the rig that you MUST have? Stupid marketing...that's all.

Even more pathetic are shows shot on private bass ponds in the US...please...might as well shoot a trout show at Primrose Trout Farm...

Also detest all the fishing competition shows...doesn't matter if they are catching bass, walleye, tarpon, or recently billfish. All drama...no content...just like all the poop on TV today.

Italo is OK...I can only watch him when he's fishing somewhere on the other side of the world. His India episodes were pretty neat.

Mariko...can't stand her screaming...please...stop.

But April and Luisa are very dreamy.

#7 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:04 AM

I can't stand WFN anymore as well. Was pretty cool and novel...and then it got very boring.

I only keep it now to watch shows with international content...Africa, Australia, South America...etc.

Do you need a whole freaking garage full of lures and rods to catch a stupid bass? Really? Is that extra rib on the plastic that much better than one without ribs? Is Alabama the rig that you MUST have? Stupid marketing...that's all.

Even more pathetic are shows shot on private bass ponds in the US...please...might as well shoot a trout show at Primrose Trout Farm...

Also detest all the fishing competition shows...doesn't matter if they are catching bass, walleye, tarpon, or recently billfish. All drama...no content...just like all the poop on TV today.

Italo is OK...I can only watch him when he's fishing somewhere on the other side of the world. His India episodes were pretty neat.

Mariko...can't stand her screaming...please...stop.

But April and Luisa are very dreamy.

couldn't agree more about those bass shows must have : crankbait rod, spoon rod, drop shot rod, jiggin rod, a pitchin rod, a jerkbait rod, a frog rod, not to mention that x company produces the best lures, and don't forget the jerseys! 

i actually liked watching the professional tarpon tour, big fish in tight quarters, and not to mention sharks! lol but yea, the flw tour, bass masters and whatever else they have, screw it.

#8 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:56 AM

couldn't agree more about those bass shows must have : crankbait rod, spoon rod, drop shot rod, jiggin rod, a pitchin rod, a jerkbait rod, a frog rod, not to mention that x company produces the best lures, and don't forget the jerseys! 

i actually liked watching the professional tarpon tour, big fish in tight quarters, and not to mention sharks! lol but yea, the flw tour, bass masters and whatever else they have, screw it.

can't agree more with both of you guys...bass tourneys are laughable...i watch the youtube versions...without editing is more fun because the behind the scenes drama are better with all the uncensored stuff.

#9 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2016 - 03:56 PM

Hey Dill.
Fish hold onto these baits longer.
I guess so when there's a hook through their lip. lol

#10 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 04:37 PM

OOOOOHHHHH and don't forget to set the hook so hard that pull the fish our of the water, over you head to land it on the other side of your boat..... 

FFW to the 1min mark for it....... or hang out in the first few seconds for a while ;)

#11 MuskieBait

MuskieBait

Perch

• Active Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:43 PM

SMH...

#12 Crankin Fishies

Crankin Fishies

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 October 2016 - 10:58 PM

That really gave me a great laugh. :mrgreen:  

#13 ApacheFishingVentures

ApacheFishingVentures

Sunfish

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 08:37 AM

That hookset was the best thing I've seen since Bill Dance

#14 Huronfly

Huronfly

Sunfish

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:09 AM

I used to look forward to fly fishing Tuesdays, but they even cut that back and threw it yet some more bass fishing shows... and yea as mentioned, most shows have pretty terrible fish handling, not good for people trying to get into the sport.

#15 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:46 PM

I used to look forward to fly fishing Tuesdays, but they even cut that back and threw it yet some more bass fishing shows... and yea as mentioned, most shows have pretty terrible fish handling, not good for people trying to get into the sport.

loved FFT! those orvis show taught me a ton that i could take out on the water and practice

#16 Huronfly

Huronfly

Sunfish

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 06:15 PM

Those shows are what got me in the sport. TNFF and orvis guide to fly fishing were the direct reason I went out and bought a fly rod, even though I didn't know a single person at the time that fly fished. Now I'm fully committed... :cool:

#17 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 11:29 PM

Whatever - show me more ass from that first video FF, I've done dances like that trying to connect with sharks and honestly, yes, I wont pay for WFN because Youtube gets me more interesting stuff.  Screw crappy shows that plug product.

#18 JRsalmo

JRsalmo

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 August 2017 - 12:03 AM

Why do I even keep WFN .
Today's topic.
Which fishing rod for which lure. lol
I guess 200 lures equals 200 rods.Buy Buy Buy.
And to think just how unarmed I've been the last 40yrs with just ultralight med and heavy rods at my disposal.
And of course these rods must be American made. lol
Yanks all for free trade but only if it benefits them.
Than its all Buy American rhetoric.

WFN cancelled all of their "original programming" shows (shows they had to pay for, rather than sell airtime to) - Vokey's, Izumi's, Bowman's, etc. - regardless of ratings or viewership. So that means that every show you're now watching on WFN is a show that is paying to be on there (hence the heavy advertising so the show/host can afford the airtime). It also means that you're paying for a channel that has no exclusive programming, rather only recycled content found elsewhere (often on free channels).

The reality is that what you're seeing in a lot of the television world is this: budget cuts equal an abundance of ego-driven hosts with deep pockets and/or shows who rely on heavy advertising, and the legitimate hosts who got into tv for the right reasons have been forced out and unwilling to either dig into their own pockets and/or compromise their integrity by pushing product placement.
And you were hating on Ms Vokey so bad earlier this year... doesn't seem so bad now, does she? 😉