4 replies to this topic

#1 Whisker1

Whisker1

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 01:40 PM

Hello everyone!

I live in Chatham, Ontario, basically between London and Windsor. I moved here from T.O. about twenty six years ago.

I'm fortunate enough to have the Thames river right across the street from my house, so I get to fish it quite often these days now that I'm older.

My wife also like to fish, and she comes along whenever she can.

I don't currently own a boat, so all of my fishing is done from shore, or wading, as I occasionally fish the upper stretches of the Thames as well, seeing as there's some good smallmouth water to be found. I'd have to say that river smallies are my all-time favourite fish to angle for.

These days, I spend a lot of time fishing for carp on light tackle, and big channel cats are another favourite target, as I like to catch something which can really give a good account of itself. I'm starting to learn how to find and catch the bigger channel cats, so next year should be rather interesting.

Pike are a another fave of mine as well, and I even enjoy taking my fly rod to the local pond for a day of bluegill fishing, even though I still can't cast worth a darn, (luckily the bluegills don't seem to care, LOL!).

When I was younger, I used to spend all my spare time in northern Ontario, and I've been as far north by road as you can go in this province. 

I'm not a "fish snob", I'm happy to catch whatever's biting, and not being a huge fish-eater, I'm a great proponent of careful catch and release...

Good Luck To All...

And, Cheers!

Simon

#2 TheTallOutdoorsman

TheTallOutdoorsman

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 02:25 PM

Welcome to the forums Simon!

#3 Whisker1

Whisker1

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 05:57 AM

Welcome to the forums Simon!

Thank you very much!

Hopefully I can pick up some tips here, and have a little fun, too.

Simon

#4 McLean2016

McLean2016

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 11:43 AM

Hey Simon, lots of great people on here. Its safe to say you'll find a ton of useful info on here, and have any questions you may have answered too!

#5 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 12:38 PM

Welcome to OFF!

I like the multi species fishing, do you fish all year round?