• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 James5354

James5354

Sunfish

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 07:37 PM

does anyone have the hodgman h3 breathable waders? I cant find many reviews on them.....from what I know they are on the lower end scale of breathables waders in terms of price...but a company like hodgman who is dedicated to only waders and wading gear must have a decent product im assuming.....if anyone has a pair of the H3 breathables I would like to hear some feedback on them in terms of durability and how do they fit?

thanks

#2 balt0

balt0

Sunfish

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 10:54 AM

I bought them when my headwaters tore. They are not as breathable as gortex waders but you aren't going have sauna inside them.  I thought they wouldn't be as durable as the headwaters I had since the legs were only a 3-ply material (H5 are 5 -ply) but I haven't noticed any issues or had any leaks and I have taken a few slips.  The fit is pretty loose compared to simms I find, I went from XXL in simms to XL in them.  Sail has them if you want try them on and I bought mine from Natural Sports.  I am still happily wearing them, so I do recommend them.

#3 James5354

James5354

Sunfish

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 04 December 2016 - 10:23 PM

Thanks balt0....I checked them out and they seem like decent waders....I also seen the H5 waders...they seemed very durable and thick....hodgman has come along way from only making neoprene waders for decades....I will be picking up the H3 waders, maybe there will be a deal on boxing day hopefully......i find simms has the best fit...but their warranty is garbage....whats the point of having a warranty but charging an arm and a leg for a set of waders and having to pay for repairs to get it done, im also done with simms....but thats another story......

#4 balt0

balt0

Sunfish

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 08 December 2016 - 10:44 PM

I got my waders repaired for free but shipping was $50 back.  I got new stocking feet and gortex reinforcement on the tear. 

#5 James5354

James5354

Sunfish

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 09:27 PM

thats the problem with simms they will only fix it 1 time for free.....anything after that its on you.....pretty bad for a company that charges so much for a product and only go so far....they used to be better with warranty and I find their older stuff was made stronger as well.....