• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 northface

northface

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 07:36 PM

Ok.. so I'm a pretty stalk guy and im pretty hard on waders... so far went through a pair of redington sonic pros that lasted me 3 years.. a pair of patagonias skeen rivers and they leak... looking for a suggestion for a tough rugged wader for a stout guy that would take some abuse in northern ontario! So far been looking at the l l bean keenebec...

#2 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 09:18 PM

Give Simms a try.

I'm actually looking for new waders myself and I'm currently wearing Simms G3 Convertible waders that are on its last legs.  I've owned them for three and a half years now.  If I can patch them up, they might last me four years.  I'm sure if I had taken good care of them, they would've lasted me longer but I can't complain.

#3 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 22 March 2017 - 10:44 PM

If you can make redington last for 3 years...that waders served you well. I wouldn't fix anything that ain't broken. my first pair was bare and was happy with it...lasted me close to 2 years. gave redington a try and so far holding up close to 3 years.

#4 pop-vlado

pop-vlado

Sunfish

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 12:46 PM

I have a pair of G3 Simms that I have used for 3 years now and they are essentially still mint condition. These waders are worth every penny (I bought them new off kijiji for fairly cheap - retail is too expensive) but you have to take care of them. I know guys that have used theirs for 7-8 years. However, if you are bushwhacking extensively then I wouldn't dish out money for Simms waders. I do some bushwhacking in mine but I try and be careful around branches. 

#5 James5354

James5354

Sunfish

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 04:16 PM

Ok.. so I'm a pretty stalk guy and im pretty hard on waders... so far went through a pair of redington sonic pros that lasted me 3 years.. a pair of patagonias skeen rivers and they leak... looking for a suggestion for a tough rugged wader for a stout guy that would take some abuse in northern ontario! So far been looking at the l l bean keenebec...

why dont you send the patagonias back.....they will fix it or send you a new pair for free.....no need to buy another pair.

#6 Matt Rickles

Matt Rickles

Sunfish

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

Streamside waders 99$ at Gagnon Sports store in Oshawa Ontario. Good waders are expensive but worth it though.
Hey northface....cabelas make "stout" waders. I have friends who call themselves stout when they are really just short and fat lol. Nothing fits them well !!
Good luck in your search because it is a hard decision

#7 bigugly

bigugly

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 01:56 PM

I have a set of the Streamside, dryweave waders mentioned above. Don't do a lot of bush waking but have had them for over a year with no issues.

#8 Bryonfromtilly

Bryonfromtilly

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 10:17 AM

What about for the guy who does allot or is always bush wacking?

#9 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 11:58 AM

Red Head extreme series, You should be fine with these ones.

#10 Huronfly

Huronfly

Sunfish

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 November 2017 - 12:18 PM

They all leak eventually