• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 finnigan

finnigan

Sunfish

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 08:39 PM

So I do a lot of smallmouth fishing once it gets to hot for trout, mostly on the fly or float rod.

But most of the good rivers I fish for bass are huron tribs 2 hours away from home so I only get to fish them when I visit the in-laws. All of my good spots near home are mostly trout rivers and I haven't had any luck finding a good bass creek close to barrie.

Now I don't like asking for spots and I'm not asking for your honey hole and it's not like it's a secret brookie creek anyways. Just wondring if anybody knows of any good creeks for bass large or small close to barrie?

#2 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:19 AM

My co worker has been fishing creeks with a lot of success in the Flesherton area since he was a little kid. That might be a tad to west for you.

#3 finnigan

finnigan

Sunfish

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:15 PM

My co worker has been fishing creeks with a lot of success in the Flesherton area since he was a little kid. That might be a tad to west for you.

Yea it's a little further than I'd hope to go, but I go out that way sometimes for trout so you never know I may try for bass one day. Thanks

#4 Matt Rickles

Matt Rickles

Sunfish

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 08:43 PM

Most any body of water has bass in them. Good luck

#5 finnigan

finnigan

Sunfish

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:36 PM

Most any body of water has bass in them. Good luck

I beg to differ lol.

I've fished a lot of creeks that have nothing but chub and suckers in them.

Hell I remember being a kid and catching boat loads of sunfish in some creeks but they're not even around anymore.

I swear the creek chub are getting ready for world domination. Lol

#6 Ibstacle

Ibstacle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:18 PM

I hate chub and suckers

#7 Matt Rickles

Matt Rickles

Sunfish

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 12:42 PM

Explore ! Good luck . I like bass creek fishing. I catch bass everywhere. If into chub and stuff the creek is too small of fishing gear too small. Up to bug topwater i like for bass
Fish on !!

#8 IvansFishingVideos

IvansFishingVideos

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:59 AM

Why not try Nottawasaga at Evendale?

#9 finnigan

finnigan

Sunfish

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 10:14 AM

Why not try Nottawasaga at Evendale?

Cause it's horrible lol. No seriously I've only ever caught pike and suckers in there and seen some big carp. It's a decent spot but no God for fly fishing or bass really. There's better spots on the notty for sure.

#10 Matt Rickles

Matt Rickles

Sunfish

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:51 PM

I never fished the notty but it sure looks nice. I would love to hook into some winter chromers there one day. I saw a show where bob izumi takes a helicopter with a couple buddies ( 1 was a little person) and the flew into some nice spot and i was told by an aquantance that it was the notty.

#11 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 05:16 PM

You know what looks nice Bob's niece Marika.