• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Adamthedeertracker

Adamthedeertracker

Earthworm

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:59 PM

Hye everywone, i heard lots about crappie fishing in south and am curious to know what time of year they run and if theres any specific fishing gear to use or the usuall bobber/worm does the trick?

#2 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 07:41 PM

There is a lake/pond near me that is filled with all sorts of panfish, crappies included.

They are very easy to catch in the spring. Right near shore. I literally jiggle a bare hook to get 'em. They like a fast presentation. You can put a twister tail on a jig and reel it in at lightening speed, chances are a crappie near shore will nail it.

Spring, near shore, and structure (weeds, sunken tree, drop-off). You'll get 'em easily. 

#3 ApacheFishingVentures

ApacheFishingVentures

Sunfish

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

Hye everywone, i heard lots about crappie fishing in south and am curious to know what time of year they run and if theres any specific fishing gear to use or the usuall bobber/worm does the trick?

Crappie will be found in almost any small lake or pond or any river with some depth to it. Do exactly as Salmo says however on days this is not working or if you prefer bait fishing, a small live minnow under a float will almost guarantee a crappie as that is what they are feeding on in the spring