5 replies to this topic

#1 Tacklelogic

Tacklelogic

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 09:42 PM

Hello all.

Cobourg Fish Lift is tentatively set for this Saturday, April 8th. WEATHER PERMITTING

AN UPDATE WILL BE GIVEN FRIDAY ONCE WE GET THE GO AHEAD.

Here is the location.

Google  - The Mill Restaurant, Cobourg.

https://www.google.c...21!4d-78.183197

#2 bigugly

bigugly

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:27 PM

Always when I'm working, good beer at the mill too.

#3 Matt Rickles

Matt Rickles

Sunfish

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 02:32 PM

Always nice to see people there giving back to the sport we love so much...keep it going guys

#4 Tacklelogic

Tacklelogic

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:56 PM

This is a great event held every year. It is the perfect way to get kids involved in the outdoors and educational at the same time.  The lift is not going to start this year until 10 AM. You register at the dam. Please bring chest waders and a net if you have them, be sure to bring an extra change of clothes just in case you get wet. We lift anywheres from 100 to 220 fish up and over the dam with a net and pulley system. We try to get the kids involved by getting them to net the fish. They then bring the fish over to a holding pen where then samples are taken by a biologist, counted and then lifted to let them carry on their way to the spawning grounds.The event usually takes 3 hours.

Another update will be given on Friday to confirm we are going ahead with the lift.

#5 TheKraken

TheKraken

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 11:28 AM

Looking forward to an update if it's going to happen or not with the weather. I'd love to get my 3 young ones involved. Are you meeying at the mill then hitting the dam or what?

#6 Tacklelogic

Tacklelogic

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 April 2017 - 09:29 PM

Due to the high water levels, the fish lift is cancelled. It will be rescheduled for next weekend.