Photo

What is Your Favourite Lure for Crappie?

lure crappie fishing fish

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Ibstacle

Ibstacle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 12:11 AM

Now that the weather has warmed up and the crappie are moving shallow, I decided to go to a local pond in Campbellville/Milton. I found a school of them right up agianst the bank in a small shallow bay. I fished the yum f2 tad fry in crystal shad colour weightless, and landed 5 nice black crappie. This is my favourite lure to fish for crappie. What is yours? 

Crappie.jpg

#2 ApacheFishingVentures

ApacheFishingVentures

Sunfish

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

I don't target a whole lot of open water crappie but when i do, small minnows or zoom minnow imitations are a go to or any small fry imitation under an inch for those finicky fish, but when it come to hardwater, tiny plastics of assorted sizes and colours tipped with waxies for average ones and teardrop spoon and jigging rap for the slabs if im not running live minnows. I got no shame running live bait in the winter ahaha

#3 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 10:18 AM

1/32 and 1/16 jig head dressed with a wax worm under a slip float is what I use. The hard part is locating these fish.

#4 Matt Rickles

Matt Rickles

Sunfish

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 10:48 PM

I like micro tube jigs...all kinds of colors and patterns. Also plain jane worms

#5 trouttamer

trouttamer

Sunfish

• Members
  • 136 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 07:26 PM

cant find them anymore and running out. cream tube with chartreuse tail and pink nose. If there are crappie around that tube will catch em,

#6 Ibstacle

Ibstacle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 08:40 PM

cant find them anymore and running out. cream tube with chartreuse tail and pink nose. If there are crappie around that tube will catch em,

Thanks for sharing. I have some of those at home. I will give them a try when I go fishing tomorrow at that same pond.

#7 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 09:39 PM

Gulp Alive 1 inch minnow

#8 TasteTheRainbow

TasteTheRainbow

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:37 PM

For me the best thing this year is a j10 rap lol. Was looking for pike and got this bugger

Attached Images

• IMG_0754.JPG

#9 firebro19

firebro19

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 12:59 PM

I use a crappie jig head and a microtube. This is a great setup for crappie fishing and is my go-to setup 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lure, crappie, fishing, fish