#1 RyansFish

RyansFish

Earthworm

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:38 PM

Hey everyone,

This is my first post here on OFF. 

I recently went fishing with my girl friend on Scugog River on the west side of Lindsay. We had a good day, i managed to find a spot on google maps where there used to be a old bridge that had been torn down. There were old stone pillars that we had fished around.

I went there in hopes of catching some smaller Pike, i unfortunately did not have any luck with my rig. I was using a old rapala followed by a dare devil red/white lure. I read that pike are rather aggressive hunters and if they were to see another fish trying to eat they go crazy. Just wondering if anyone knows of any other spots along the river i can reach, next time i will be going with my kayak and trolling up and down the river. Also tackle tip would be greatly appreciated.

My girl friend i set her up with a white jig and florescent yellow spin tail grub, she managed to land 1 large mouth, 1 small mouth and 2 blue gills. 

Any constructive feedback welcome.

Thanks, 

Ryan

#2 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 07:41 AM

thats because you will find musky in scugog, not pike, they haven't come down that far yet, you'll find bass,crappy,walleye, musky, and all kinds of panfish andcarp

#3 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:45 AM

If you're targeting pike. Lake Dalrymple would be a better spot. 

#4 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:09 AM

Mitchell is also littered with pike!

As are many lakes in that area. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pike, walleye, bass, large, small, muskie, port perry, lindsay