• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dusty_D

Dusty_D

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:50 PM

Drove up to Scugog early this morning and had a blast from 5:30 - 9:00a.m along the causeway catching and releasing a whole bunch of new to me species (rookie angler!). Yellow Perch, Rock Bass, Bluegill, Pumpkinseed and a few LM and SM Bass.

Left the causeway and meandered up Island Road to Goreski's Landing where I was told I cannot fish because it's "Private property". Continued all the way up to the end of Island Road along the dirt road but didn't catch anything more. Weeds are too thick and the fish didn't want to play  

Fun and satisfying morning overall! 

Here are some of the pics from today. I hope that I've ID'd the fish correctly..

Pumpkinseed:
IMG_7163-XL.jpg

Bluegill:
IMG_7153-XL.jpg

Rock Bass:
IMG_7164-XL.jpg

Yellow Perch:
IMG_7158-XL.jpg

Me!
IMG_7177-XL.jpg

#2 salmotrutta

salmotrutta

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:41 PM

Nice variety there, and good call not posting pics of the bass. It's perfectly legal to photograph an out of season fish as long as you release the fish right after, but some internet warriors will lose their minds if you post OOS pics. 

Shame about Goreski's landing, I think it's been 5 years since I was last there. 

Another good spot would be Palmer Park / Port Perry Marina area. 

#3 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:18 PM

Nice report and sweet pics.

#4 Dusty_D

Dusty_D

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:34 AM

Nice variety there, and good call not posting pics of the bass. It's perfectly legal to photograph an out of season fish as long as you release the fish right after, but some internet warriors will lose their minds if you post OOS pics.

Shame about Goreski's landing, I think it's been 5 years since I was last there.

Another good spot would be Palmer Park / Port Perry Marina area.

He he.. I've seen that before so decided to take the cautionary route. I'll give Palmer Park a try next time. Thanks for the tip! :)