• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#21 Symmetre

Symmetre

Sunfish

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 07:52 AM

No summer is complete without a bunch of internet posts asking if salmon are in. Let the gong show begin.

#22 Will

Will

Sunfish

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:08 AM

thats impossible idiot

636099428508113576676581710_Assistant%20

#23 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:22 PM

Bring the rain.
And they will come!!!!!

#24 razdaddy

razdaddy

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:25 PM

I would try closer to the mouth, away from the crowds .

#25 razdaddy

razdaddy

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:32 PM

long story short, im only limited to 1 marina(fifty point) that's 15 min away from my house because i only have my G1 and my parents areant usually willing to drop me off somewhere and hour a way,and this marina i fish at does get a run but usually we only start getting them on j13 around the 2nd week of october and i go out atleast five times during september at the end of the rock pier(it only goes out into the lake about 15 feet) casting out of the peir and the only thing ive caught doing so is sheepshead,Does anyone have any idea as to why this is? because at that time of the year people start getting a lot off piers

#26 razdaddy

razdaddy

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:33 PM

Which rock pile are you fishing? The one with the light house?

#27 razdaddy

razdaddy

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 12:38 PM

If you are, judging by the satalit image, I would move one more pile to the east with a big weight and throw as far out as possible.

#28 chinook2835

chinook2835

Sunfish

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:47 PM

If you are, judging by the satalit image, I would move one more pile to the east with a big weight and throw as far out as possible.

No,I fish at the Far East part by the beach, if you don't mind me asking when would u recommend I start chucking spoons?

#29 chinook2835

chinook2835

Sunfish

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:48 PM

I bet after the rain storms today fish will start moving in

#30 Paul1913

Paul1913

Perch

• Active Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 11:08 AM

I was missing the run so much all the fish I cleaned to put in the smoker , my compost bin smelt as good as the east ditches after the run

#31 FrequentFlyer

FrequentFlyer

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 10:54 PM

I was missing the run so much all the fish I cleaned to put in the smoker , my compost bin smelt as good as the east ditches after the run

ugh.....that smell!!!!

i love the fresh run fish on the fly, stripping a streamer across a pool sure brings out some crazy agressive strikes!

#32 myspacedave

myspacedave

Sunfish

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:38 AM

East end water was high last week and very rough. Nothing sighted or caught. Might try the west soon to compare.

#33 YourPalSal

YourPalSal

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:34 PM

I was spoon chucking at a western trib this morning. (I will not confirm nor deny if there were any salmon present :cool: )  However I did notice something else of interest I thought I would share.

Some woman shows up with a photographer and sets up on shore between the two rock piers on the west side of the river. She starts to pose and he is taking shots of her in a dress with T.O. skyline and rising sun in the background.  I turn back toward the lake and continue fishing. 5 mins later I realize the guys beside me haven't cast their lines in a few minutes, I turn to look at them and see them both staring at the woman posing. I look at her and realize she is now completely naked, and she looks good! :mrgreen:

She was fully aware this group of anglers were enjoying the free show but she did not care.

God bless this woman!

#34 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:42 PM

Are you sure it wasn't a cougar sighting you experienced?

#35 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:57 PM

Yeah
She does it every year.
Official opening of salmon season.

#36 YourPalSal

YourPalSal

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 04:58 PM

Haha! Were you there?  It absolutely was a cougar sighting!

#37 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:29 PM

No no, we older guys have a nose for this kinda behaviour.

#38 FlyingSashimi

FlyingSashimi

Earthworm

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:46 PM

Interesting. so when it is official, than salmon starts to run like marathon?  :mrgreen:

#39 Symmetre

Symmetre

Sunfish

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:56 AM

Interesting. so when it is official, than salmon starts to run like marathon?  :mrgreen:

As soon as someone posts a picture of a salmon laying on concrete, guys will begin running to the piers within minutes. Don't get in their way you'll be trampled. It's more of a sprint than a marathon but you get the idea.

#40 JordanMcK

JordanMcK

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:11 AM

80 FOW.. find the bait clouds and troll your presentation at that depth. 

I hooked into a little 'shaker' yesterday, and lost a monster (from the kayak), by just slow trolling my bait at the level I was marking baitfish.. It was my first time ever trolling for salmon from the kayak, and I just relied on the information my Helix unit relayed back to me!

I did see quite a few larger vessel boats (completely outfitted for trolling) heading into much deeper water further out into the lake though - I'm assuming they were chasing the larger fish as they were moving out to deeper water as the morning heat continued to increase. 

I help out sometimes at a local bait shop and I have not heard anything about pier salmon yet... But as mentioned above - the moment someone posts a picture of a bled out/beat up salmon on concrete, the piers will quickly become chaos!

Good luck and happy fishing folks! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Salmon fishing