• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 fishfight

fishfight

Sunfish

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:44 PM

OSHAWA Pier is close by 10pm, All fisherman turned away by local security guard. Is Oshawa getting worse?

http://toronto.cityn...r-inconclusive/

I had a mishap before I got to Oshawa pier. At 9:45pm on simcoe road on my way to the pier. I saw two teenagers pretended to play on the road, so I slowed down, just when I was about to pass them, one of them use some kind of weapon, smash and broke my side view mirror. I made a U turn and tried to chase after them to no luck, as they hid on some residential area on the side road called Kawarthas road/meadowvale street. I reported the incident to the police.

After being distraught of the mishap, and had dealt with the police, by close to 10;30pm, I went towards the pier and was disappointed to not being able to fish it, as the security guard told me the area was close by 10pm till further notice. Two others anglers showed up and we all were unhappy wasted our gas and time, going there, realizing it will be close after 10pm.

By 11:00pm., I drove back to the street where my mishap took place, wishfully thinking I might be able to find those prankster. To no luck! Then I saw and spoke to a couple walking their dog within that block. They said they notice two burglers tried to enter their garage few nights, ago. The fellow woke up, went out, turned on his light, then saw the two guys ran away. The burlger seemed to be over 40 years old, as he recalled. 

During my reporting incident with Police, they  told me no murders happened so far in Oshawa, area just had burglary and car thief incident.

#2 Ibstacle

Ibstacle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:11 PM

good thing I live by western lake ontario

#3 Huronfly

Huronfly

Sunfish

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 10:31 AM

That's why I live no where near GTA... don't have to worry about sh!t like this.

#4 Beads

Beads

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:32 AM

Last year I had 2 guys follow me around in the creek...they were drinking in the forest and laughing away...as I left they followed stopped at a pool they were staring at me laughing at who knows what? I left walked to another pool they followed again...now I was getting ready for whatever was gonna happen. I walked down a hill they follwed me again but this time I walked across the creek..I had waders on so they weren't able to follow me this time, I lost them that time around...another time I was at a pool I heard someone licking of a couple gun shots...bout 2-4min later sirens!!!! I been going to the creek for 12years. Been hearing sirens more and more

#5 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2017 - 12:13 PM

Not just Osh.
Sadly anywhere.
Like any outdoor, at times isolated activity .
You should always have a buddy along.
Shite happens.

#6 fishfight

fishfight

Sunfish

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:03 PM

Four people, two were a mother and her 5 year old daughter, all got killed within a week in GTA, while crossing the street at night, underestimating the speed of on coming vehicle. 

With these kind of stories, we try to slow down to ensure we do not accidentally hit anyone crossing the street at night. Then with potential prankster doing their bad deed while we slow down,  Should we speed up or slow down? What is happening to our world these days? 

Halloween is not even here yet, more prankster will be active by then. 

I just want to quietly fish, SHOULD I CARRY A WEAPON? Take some Martial Art lesson!

At Niagara , whirlpool or the glen area, vehicle at parking lot were known to get vandalized! 

I started to realize a fishing day can be a stressful day after all. 

#7 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:37 AM

It's always best to have friends with you. And being friendly on shared pools. There are a lot of tough guys during salmon season too. I've seen fist fights...these year alone, about 4 confrontations in the water. Not to include myself getting told I'm not suppose to be fly fishing when people are float fishing...I just told him they kept snagging each others line because they kept casting over one another, until they fix that, don't bother me since I'm the only one not getting snagged.

#8 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:43 PM

Buddy system works well, if your buddies are in to fishing. If their in to fighting that works actually better LOL.

#9 Guest_tossing iron_*

Guest_tossing iron_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2017 - 12:48 PM

UFC buddy for salmon run.
Fishing buddy for steel.
That works