• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 bigugly

bigugly

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:41 PM

Boys and I have been out to Simcoe three times this year and have had our share of success, I'm not saying luck cause I actually think we have a system down that works pretty well for us.

First trip out was my youngest son and I to Virginia Beach and we had fish under us the whole day but had to fight like hell to keep the dinks off. When the jumbos came in they had hardly a chance to get to the baits. Also my son got a nice 4-5 pound pike which was released. Second time out same kid and I went to cooks Bay and had what I thought would be the best day ever of perch fishing we've ever had. It was same situation, fish under us all day long just had to fight off the little but not as many dinks around and a steady flow of jumbos cruising. Lots of lookers and some real biggg ones, we managed to pick off our fair share of fish all in all a great day. Lastly my oldest son and I hit Cooks again, only had four hours to fish but holy crap what a day, topped any day of perch fishing ever. We likely caught 250+ fish it was pretty much non stop and we started throwing fish back we would normally keep but so many 10-12 inchers around we started letting the 8-9's back. Son caught his PB at 14.5 inches and another at 14. I caught more jumbos than I ever had and twice got double jumbos on my dropper set up and had a third one with likely the biggest perch I ever saw and my PB was a few years ago at 15.5. You could say we hammered them. Now I love Steelhead but there is something crazy about sight fishing perch. Been a good three days fishing so far and hope we can get out some more.

Attached Images

• pike.JPG
  • IMG_3808.JPG
  • IMG_3927.JPG
  • IMG_3940.JPG
  • jumbo2.JPG
  • jumbo.JPG
  • jumbo1.JPG

#2 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:02 PM

Way to go big, nice batch of yellow bellies there.....mmmm!

#3 troutddicted

troutddicted

Bouts with trouts

• Moderators
  • 2,560 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 07:50 PM

:shock:

#4 TI Redux

TI Redux

Sunfish

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:03 PM

OMG
I'd patent that system Big. Lol
My mouths watering.
Great job guys

#5 TI Redux

TI Redux

Sunfish

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 02:21 PM

Hey Big.
Looks like you've dropped a few lbs.
Girlfriend must have you jogging with her now.

#6 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:07 PM

Good stuff!  Lots of fatties in that bunch

#7 bigugly

bigugly

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:57 PM

I’ve dropped a lot of weight, no jogging, I refuse to run unless someone is chasing me. I’m doing a few bike races next year so gotta get weight off. First time I’ve raced since 2011! I’m down from 225 at Xmas to 210. Last Christmas I was 256!!!

#8 TI Redux

TI Redux

Sunfish

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:53 PM

Figure you lost 10 just chasing all those steel down river this past fall. Lol

#9 cdurant

cdurant

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:57 AM

Nice haul!!!  Looking to make it out to Cook's Bay for the first time in the next week.  Any suggestions on parking?