• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bigugly

bigugly

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:08 PM

So I ordered a bunch of beads, worms and such from a guy online in October and as of yet to receive anything, I have sent e-mails to his website, messaged him on Instagram and Facebook and even managed to get his phone number and texted him, next step is I will call him. It was two orders one for myself and one for my kid for a total of $130 dollars so not money I want to just swallow, I think I've been more than patient but do not want to call the guy or his company out on social media as of yet. He did tell me he sent an e-mail to me which I never received so I asked for him to resend with two different addresses for him to try but zilch, no reply. I feel robbed as I really have no way of proving I didn't get product I ordered but is there a way to recoup my money? I've never experienced anything like this before.

#2 fishfight

fishfight

Sunfish

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 07:21 PM

Credit card companies or paypal protects their client. Just let them know. Or tell them a  fraudulent transaction that you do not recognized, or your card number was stolen or compromise, then you  need to change to a new credit card number............... the amount will be refunded. 

Bad mouthing an on line retailers  is not always a good first choice unless someone started a blog, and many joined in to file a complaint, where an obvious pattern of deception existed. There are instances where the customer ends up losing a court case after the online retailers filed a case against someone bad mouthing their establishment. 

#3 jeffheartofsteel

jeffheartofsteel

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:31 PM

Credit card companies will help to protect you. You can call the credit card company and explain the situation to them, and that you messaged the fishing company many times and no answer.

They will ask you if you asked them to refund your money, make sure you try that before calling. They take fraud transactions seriously, so they will ask you questions to make sure it was not a mis-communication between you 2. 

For proof that you did not receive product, well for online shopping, the proof is that you don't physically have it. Most online stores use a company like FedEx, or Canada Post to deliver, that means they should have a tracking number...

If he sent the email, and you got no email from him, the sender will know if the email was not sent, the email will be sent back to them if the address is incorrect. Only way if he really did send it and he got no email back saying it was wrong address, then he might have typed it incorrectly.

As for bad mouthing, if it was just mis-communication or package legitimately got lost then probably not. However if it is a legitimate fraud or just poor service, then other shoppers should know... 

#4 PUMP KNOWS

PUMP KNOWS

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:20 PM

How did you pay for the products?  The person never gave you a tracking number?

#5 bigugly

bigugly

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 08:34 AM

Person finally responded and I have been issued a full refund

#6 jeffheartofsteel

jeffheartofsteel

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 11:04 AM

that's good...but i have to say...took them long to respond...i wonder if they read this thread, and said "oh crap".