12 replies to this topic

#1 Zathorious

Zathorious

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 12:24 PM

Hi Guy's

I can't stand it any longer, I need to get out there and cast a line but have no clue where to go.

I only have a spinning reel set up but was looking for either trout or Pike.

Is everything still frozen or can someone point me in the right direction? I just started fishing last year and have only been fishing for bass so any pointers would be super appreciated!

Many thanks,

Oliver

#2 T-Ack

T-Ack

Sunfish

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 01:03 PM

Bang the shores of Lake Ontario for trout right now. Spoons, crank baits, jerk baits, spinners. 

Enjoy.

#3 Zathorious

Zathorious

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:08 PM

Is there anywhere more remote that you could suggest? Thank you!

#4 JCue23

JCue23

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 09:48 PM

Sorry to tack on but does anybody know if Scugog is frozen? Would love to get out crappie fishing this week or next but can't seem to find anywhere that shows if the lake is frozen or not?

#5 Zathorious

Zathorious

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 12:56 PM

I really wish you guy's would be more forthcoming with information, I get that you don't want your spots to be overfished but there are some of us who are learning and trying to get into the sport, that's why I've come here for the help!  :mrgreen:

#6 fisherman2280

fisherman2280

Sunfish

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 02:28 PM

I suggest contributing to the forum with a little more than 12 posts before asking for spots?

Most water is either frozen or not safe to be on at this time of year.

And you can always Google the local marinas and ask, find the tourism offices of the locations your thinking about and ask.

#7 T-Ack

T-Ack

Sunfish

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:58 PM

Zathorious, you’re kidding right ? Most “remote” bodies of water are frozen still. You’ll never get anyone to disclose their personal fishing spots. There’s literally fish everywhere off the shores of Lake Ontario right now. Bronte pier, lift bridge pier, marina rocks, heck stand on any part of the beach along any part of Lake Ontario and you’ll find fish. Same with the upper or lower niagara. Go out, explore, enjoy the outdoors.

Ps, bass season is closed for another few months.

#8 Ibstacle

Ibstacle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 10:20 PM

lol just check the weather history for where you want to go and you'll know if its still frozen or not

#9 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 12:45 PM

***Location Removed by Moderator*** You should do fine this time of year. Don't forget to double check the reg's to see what's open this time of year.

Edited by NADO, 28 March 2018 - 02:22 PM.

#10 T-Ack

T-Ack

Sunfish

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:31 PM

#11 NADO

NADO

Unaccomplished Steelheader

• Moderators
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:21 PM

No rivers are frozen anymore at this point. Read the regs to find out where you can fish for steelhead year round and pick a spot from there. You can ask for help on fishing techniques but don't expect to get specific locations, that is against forum rules.

https://www.ontario....lations-summary

#12 DILLIGAF?!

DILLIGAF?!

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:21 PM

Since you're contemplating on trout and Pike, Pike i think is close right now. Unless you're in zone 17. Trout You can fish on limited areas, so make sure you're within legal sections to avoid hefty fines and have your license revoked. So much material you can learn fishing for steelhead. You can also search how to fish with what gear you have.

#13 fishfreek

fishfreek

Perch

• Active Members
  • 887 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 04:23 PM

Sorry about that  NADO , I guess I got a bit frustrated and tried to serve it on a plate for him. My bad.