Tight lines
Dan

#2 kingofbeasts

kingofbeasts

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:39 AM

It is a (already old) revolution  and remains the best guide  placement system on the market to this day when done correctly . It really makes a difference in spinning rods  and especially in jigging or soft plastics rods.  

#3 Tubetrax

Tubetrax

Sunfish

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 15 January 2019 - 11:15 PM

If done correctly, Yes that absolutely true,

So many people don't understand the details,

(Even to the extent of winding line on their reels backwards & telling you
Your nuts it doesn't matter the coiling line will always happen) LOL

Have you tried ATC Microwave ?
I've built a few light inshore rods or Freshwater weight rods for people,
I'm so far impressed with the smoothness & distance of the cast.
Having only cast them a few times while handing the new Rod to the new owner.
I've not built any to keep for myself yet
They've made a saltwater edition for offshore I'm thinking about purchasing & building a new Topwater Popper Rod from,
Mainly because I'd like to try them in a heavy tackle situation.

They do make conventional Baitcasting guides also but never built any,
Jigging & Baitcasting Rods are much better wrapped with a spiral wrapped guide system Frehwater or Saltwater.
Are you familiar with spiral wrapping your Jigging, Casting & Baitcasting Rods ?
It almost eliminates torsional issues, much easier on the wrist with large fish

Tight lines
Dan

#4 kingofbeasts

kingofbeasts

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 February 2019 - 12:10 PM

If done correctly, Yes that absolutely true,

So many people don't understand the details,

(Even to the extent of winding line on their reels backwards & telling you
Your nuts it doesn't matter the coiling line will always happen) LOL

Have you tried ATC Microwave ?

Tight lines
Dan

I've tried them just to see if they bring  anything extra to a rod than a KR Concept guides system and find out that the only extra thing was extra weight.  In my opinion, they were design to achieve the same performance as a KR concept system but in a slightly different way  and with less headache for the rod builder  while placing them. For a beginner in rod building, they are a more convenient option but , for an experienced one, in my opinion Fuji's system is better because it is more flexible in design with less weight. Specially when you build finesse jigging rods for walleye and crappie I find Microwave to be too big and too heavy for the job.  

The only threat to Fuji's supremacy when we talk about guides, in my opinion might be the similar system offered by Seaguide which have better pricing and a wider range of  frame -insert combinations. I said might be  because I am about to test some soon so don't really know the quality yet. 

#5 Tubetrax

Tubetrax

Sunfish

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 09 February 2019 - 11:32 AM

I've tried them just to see if they bring anything extra to a rod than a KR Concept guides system and find out that the only extra thing was extra weight. In my opinion, they were design to achieve the same performance as a KR concept system but in a slightly different way and with less headache for the rod builder while placing them. For a beginner in rod building, they are a more convenient option but , for an experienced one, in my opinion Fuji's system is better because it is more flexible in design with less weight. Specially when you build finesse jigging rods for walleye and crappie I find Microwave to be too big and too heavy for the job.
The only threat to Fuji's supremacy when we talk about guides, in my opinion might be the similar system offered by Seaguide which have better pricing and a wider range of frame -insert combinations. I said might be because I am about to test some soon so don't really know the quality yet.

Very interesting,
Like I said I've only cast them a couple times, I've never had a chance to fish with them.
Mostly I'm building. Offshore, Surf and 8' - 9' Shore Rods.
Spinning & Conventional Rods (Conventional is like a really beefed up Leverdrag bait casting Rod for you bass guys)
Conventionals (baitcasters) are all being requested Spiral Wrapped now
Offshore Rods I've been using ATC: Virtus, RingLock. W/NanoLite or DuraLite, Rings.

Jaws Rod Blanks: I believe they make lite weight finesse Blanks,
Carbon Fiber, Rod Blanks W/Nano Silica Resin,
are not new but the Carbon Nano rods are quite amazing.
Look up the strength tests on n YouTube!

Look into Aventik Carbon Nano Blanks.
I built a 14' 10/11 weight for a guy, fly fishing for big Tarpon & Sailfish in the keys.
I'm not a fly fisherman, But he says its lite & he likes it.

Thanks for the info about microwave guides.

I don't build finesse Rods cause I import Japanese carbon nano finesse rods.
It wouldn't serve my purpose to not use what I'm selling.
I couldn't build them much if any cheaper myself.

Tight Lines
Dan