• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ToxicAvenger

ToxicAvenger

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 October 2018 - 09:25 PM

Last Friday i fished Mimico Creek in West Deane Park, just north of Martin Grove and Rathburn. I fished a small tube on a very light jig head. The creek very clear and shallow. I walked a stretch of the creek, but was able to find only one moderately deep pool. That's where I caught 2 creek chub. No bites anywhere else, and although the creek is shallow and clear so you can pretty much see all the way to the bottom I didn't see any fish anywhere except the 2 I caught. Not that I was expecting much, but since this is my local creek I gave it a try just out of curiosity.  

#2 BRMZ

BRMZ

Sunfish

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:55 PM

Water levels are low everywhere around GTA. Only decent fishing is at the deeper portions of the streams. Mimico is a small creek to begin with. You might have a better  luck at Humber river just 5 minute away. Nevertheless learning your backyard creek could be rewarding. Keep trying. 

#3 ToxicAvenger

ToxicAvenger

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 18 October 2018 - 10:10 PM

Yes, Humber River or even Etobicoke Creek would certainly have been a better bet. But I drive by Mimico Creek all the time, I was just itching to give it a try. Will try again once the water leves are back up. 

#4 Beads

Beads

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 31 October 2018 - 02:50 PM

Mimico and Etobicoke creek are both closed....I see Mnr at etobicoke creek all the time I’m down there 2-3x a week walking my dog. I see guys getting ticketed Many times. Both closed September 30. Check your regs before fishing creeks and rivers