• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BigT555

BigT555

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:40 AM

After my failed attempt to find a well priced stiff 15'er, and my 13' amudson breaking on saturday, I'm in the market for a new 13' float rod

Looking for something that has some good backbone, I did like the 13' amudson savvy edge that I used for a couple years but a buddy borrowed it and could hardly cast with it, hes used to a g loom so I'm thinking that if I get something a bit stiffer than my old rod it would get me the extra casting distance that i desired from a 15'er

Any recommendations for something in the 2-300 range?  I've been eyeing the raven im8 but it isn't available anywhere local so I would have to order online and take the chance of being disappointed.  Boxing day deals might get me onto a g loom but I don't expect to find one within my price range

A 3pc would be ideal as I have a rod case that I like to use for bush wacking that is 55" long (so a 13'6 3pc would be ok too) 

Thanks

#2 popofish

popofish

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:07 PM

Raven rods are good. I used to have an 11' IM6 (2 piece). It was great for small river fishing and had good backbone. Given the lure rating of the IM8 (and all their other longer rods) I imagine it feels a bit more flimsy but most longer float rods are like that. See if you can hold one in store somewhere before buying. Raven also has 3 piece rods.

#3 ChromeAddict

ChromeAddict

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 17 December 2018 - 12:28 PM

I have a Raven IM8 for sale. I sent you a message.