1 reply to this topic

#1 PantherMartin15

PantherMartin15

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:37 PM

Hey y'all,

So I have started doing an annual bass fishing trip with a couple buddies. Last year was our first and we did Rice Lake which for us is the closest lake. None of us own a boat so I relay on being able to rent a boat.

I'd like to try a new body of water this year. Does anyone have any suggestions on a lake to try (I'm not asking for hot spots or locations). Rice is my go to Lake, so it would be nice to try something new. The only stipulation is my buddies have said they don't want to travel further then 3 hrs, from home which is Toronto.

So that being said anyone care to weigh in on something for us? I'm thinking another Kawartha lake like pigeon or Buckhorn. Or even Quinte. Thoughts, opinions or comments all welcome unless they don't help my cause.

Thanks
Greg

#2 T-Ack

T-Ack

Sunfish

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 March 2019 - 12:32 PM

Not in any particular order;

Bay of Quinte

St. Lawrence River

Lake Simcoe

Lake Nipissing

Georgian Bay 

Lake Erie is the best bass fishery around but planning a trip on a big body of water like that is almost impossible because of the weather/wind conditions. Again, Kingston area of Lake Ontario is a bass fishing factory but the wind factor makes planning a trip hard. 

Picking a Kawartha lake is always an option as you mentioned, lots of bodies of water to choose from.

Good luck!