• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 topwatertuzi

topwatertuzi

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 05:15 PM

With expected rainfalls over 25 mm tomorrow I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on fishing this opener. Will 

this amount of rain really mess up the water and if so should I try a smaller rock bottom stream over a larger one. 

Any help is appreciated. 

#2 Troutaddict

Troutaddict

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 April 2019 - 06:55 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and assume most creeks will be pretty blown out. Don't know exactly what type of creeks clear out quicker than others,I would assume rocky ones. But I know I'll be heading to the ones that I can recall being clearer through past experience. Remember the fish are always feeding, they are going to take advantage of all that food washing downstream whether you see it or not. They'll probably be hugging the banks pretty hard

#3 Ibstacle

Ibstacle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 08:33 AM

the smaller east tribs with rocky bottoms will definitely be the only fishable tribs on opener 

#4 Will

Will

Sunfish

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 08:56 AM

Without getting too specific, I would suggest bigger rivers like the Credit, Grand, Maitland, Saugeen and Nottawasaga will be chocolate milk anywhere within 20 km (or way more) of the estuary. Like Ibstacle said, smaller creeks with rocky bottoms will be the only non-chocolate milk rivers tomorrow. Anything that's actually clear enough to fish tomorrow should probably be left alone since it'll be mainly prime spawning areas that are "fishable" (for steelhead at least). Smaller creeks that have specks and browns only could be fishable tomorrow.

#5 Will

Will

Sunfish

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 08:57 AM

One clarification - some very steep and rocky rivers that flow into Georgian Bay may be worth checking out....check the hydro graphs throughout the day.

#6 topwatertuzi

topwatertuzi

Earthworm

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 10:52 AM

any advice on baits ? 

#7 TI Redux

TI Redux

Sunfish

• Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 12:04 PM

Only a fish.
Best to see what Sunday conditions bring.

#8 Ibstacle

Ibstacle

Sunfish

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 26 April 2019 - 12:20 PM

Cold temps tomorrow morning and lots of rain - but just go out and fish this weekend. Still lots of fish to be caught.

With the fast muddy water that we are likely to have this next couple of weeks, I suggest using a heavy float (ex. 11g), fish a bead in tandem with a roe bag or pink worm.

It's worked for me in the same conditions on the lower credit so far this spring so I'm sure it will work for you.

If you want proof, check out my instagram account @ibstacle

Tight lines