• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DocJMB

DocJMB

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 May 2020 - 03:22 PM

Would like to put a boat in on this lake (north of Havelock/Marmora on the route of the Crowe River south of The Gut Conservation area).

Did so in the 70s from Peck's Camp but their phone # has been disconnected & I can find no on-line references.

Does anyone know if there is a resort/cottages business on Tangamong with a boat launch?

Appreciate any help!

...John 

#2 DocJMB

DocJMB

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 09:00 PM

Now confirmed...no public launches on this lake...darn!

Muskies & Bass waiting to be caught!

#3 TylerFish

TylerFish

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 May 2020 - 01:12 PM

A little realtor's trick if you are looking to get at some of the hard to reach lakes in this area with no public access. The township office in Marmora should have publicly accessible information about every landowner in the township. You can then give folks a call (if the info is up to date) and see if anyone would let you drop a little john boat or something in from their shore. I've done this with other lakes in the area North of Havelock (my cottage is on Kosh... terrible fishing on that lake ;) )

#4 Nappan

Nappan

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 03:33 PM

Parents had a cottage on Trouting Bay, built in 1957, there is a road allowance from the main road that goes to the shore of Trouting Bay (can find on map). Was to the west of our cottage, used by people with canoes to access the lake, small John boat would be OK. If you want the best largemouth bass and muskie fishing you will go east into Tangamong and portage the falls (centre island between the 2 falls), go down the rapids to Whetstone Lake, lot of work and nerves, did it many times when young but worth it. Knew the Pecks well.

Pictures of falls enclosed.

Attached Images

• img641 (2).jpg

#5 DocJMB

DocJMB

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 05:23 PM

Thanks for this update..can't find the road allowance on Google Earth but plan take a trip up next spring & do a bit of exploring. Our gang established a hunt camp north of Tangamong up the Crowe River just south of the Gut back in 1974! We used to float down the river to fish the falls!!

#6 Nappan

Nappan

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 04:00 PM

I will send you a map of where the road allowance is, it was the east property line of our lot, have been up the Crowe River north of Tangamong far as the first rapids we encountered, is that the Gut.

#7 DocJMB

DocJMB

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 06:00 PM

There are a series of small rapids just North of our camp...the Gut is up a bit:

Not allowed to attach the map image (.jpg or .png) I have in this forum...if you give me your email address, will forward it to you.

Don't think you could get past the 1st rapids in a boat/canoe..not an easy portage around.

If you take the Lasswade Road east off of Hwy 46, the road access to The Gut is just above the bridge over the Crowe River - well marked...a rough 1 ½ km to the parking lot.

My email address is jmbonn@me.com ..love to see your map

Thanks!

…John

#8 DocJMB

DocJMB

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 08:55 PM

Next message

#9 DocJMB

DocJMB