http://i110.photobuc...to/toronto2.jpg
http://i110.photobuc...to/toronto1.jpg

#2 dahotboy

dahotboy

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 12:51 AM

I've fished there for years! Its some of the deepest water off Taylor Rd. I've cought bass and pike there on many occasions. Hope that helps!

At the mouth of the rouge river though its over fished to the max!

#3 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 09:15 AM

you should take some pics of the fish and make a report in the GTA reports section

#4 Mark101

Mark101

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 07:35 PM

Are all these ponds proven to be fish habitats? I used to walk my dog up by #109 and wondered if there was possibly any fish in there.

#5 balapickerel

balapickerel

Smallmouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 952 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 08:08 PM

we don't know, th epoint of this is for people to find out if there are fish in these ponds and tell everyone one the site :lol:

#6 Mykester

Mykester

Perch

• Active Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:49 PM

I've fished at 119. Unfortunately we had no luck. My friend said he's caught cat fish there before, however it's a small mini pond connected to the larger pond, and the fish have been spooked since there were 3 turtles in that one area. Also it's quite muddy, if you;'re going to try your luck at the other side of the pond, be advised, there are a ton of red ants. Keep your equipment on the trail.

120 looks like Grenadier Pond. My friend says he's had no luck, but I have heard of carp being caught there.

#7 ult

ult

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 07:12 PM

Is it legal to catch and keep the fish at ponds like take home?

#8 Mykester

Mykester

Perch

• Active Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:00 PM

I think it would be better if you don't. I find these local city ponds to be very relaxing and it is nice to have such great fishing holes so close to home. If everyone starts keeping fish from the ponds the fisheries will be hit hard (how much pressure can a pond hold?). I do keep some fish when camping or when fishing 1-2 hours from the city, but it's best to keep the city ponds sport focused. If you're really that hungry you can buy fish from the store. The pond fish would most definitely have a murky taste so there would be no point in taking them. Don't get me wrong, I'm not condemning you, it's just that some of us might not have time or a mode of transport to enjoy the sport, and these ponds provide a great alternative.

#9 ult

ult

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 10:46 AM

True. It is a lot cheaper to buy fish from grocery store too and don't need to spent fishing. The ponds posted on the website are not list under the Minister of Natural resources. So I was guessing any fishing activities will be illegal?

#10 Mykester

Mykester

Perch

• Active Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 01:41 PM

True. It is a lot cheaper to buy fish from grocery store too and don't need to spent fishing. The ponds posted on the website are not list under the Minister of Natural resources. So I was guessing any fishing activities will be illegal?

As long as it is not private property or there is no "no fishing sign" posted then give it a shot. The first few maps are popular fishing ponds.

#11 disspatcher

disspatcher

• Active Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:47 PM

I think you should check the regs..usually they will give Map areas of what is legal and what is not. I think possesion of a bass out of season would get you busted wherever you are..

#12 MikeyMikey

MikeyMikey

Largemouth Bass

• Active Members
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 02:52 PM

Hmmm...

Looking at these maps reminds me of what this forum was about and how it got started.

Hmm.... :evil:

#13 a.cortellessa

a.cortellessa

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 12:29 AM

Great posts. Anyone know about pike in the leslie spits?? Is that only in spring when they go there to spawn? I've heard quite a bit about it but never got around to going. Must be pretty popular for toronto anglers if the rumours are true!

#14 shimano25

shimano25

Sunfish

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 06:23 PM

Is the pond in Centennial Park really out of bounds for fishing?

#15 Mykester

Mykester

Perch

• Active Members
  • 601 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 12:51 AM

Nope. People also release a bunch of aquarium pets there, so you can expect to catch some exotic stuff. Mostly baby bullheads.

#16 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 07:31 PM

Nope. People also release a bunch of aquarium pets there, so you can expect to catch some exotic stuff. Mostly baby bullheads.

120- Grenadier and West pond , Bluegill ,pike, bass and panfish.

#17 BaitCaster

BaitCaster

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:02 AM

I have driven by 120(:lol: numerous times and have always wondered if it holds fish. There is a lot of "bassy" looking structure in that pond, but I've never seen anyone fishing in there. There's a couple of private homes on the pond, but I think there are some areas were the public can access it.

#18 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:58 PM

I have driven by 120(:lol: numerous times and have always wondered if it holds fish. There is a lot of "bassy" looking structure in that pond, but I've never seen anyone fishing in there. There's a couple of private homes on the pond, but I think there are some areas were the public can access it.

I'm also wondering that too. Sorry if you thought I was referring to west pond , I was referring to Grenadier pond only.

#19 CamtheCanuck

CamtheCanuck

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 24 January 2011 - 10:49 PM

I grew up fishing 120, both Catfish pond (west pond) and Grenadier. Every spare weekend I'd be down there, might not be the best fishing in the world, but I love the place.

Grenadier produces decent largemouth and the odd pike. You've got to be willing to walk the banks and cast to cover. It's not fast action, but the bass are in there. Spinner baits are pretty good. Tons of action for little kids and panfish junkies though: white and yellow perch, bullheads, bluegills, pumpkinseed and crappies. The dock on the east side of the pond gets way to much fishing pressure, so wander around and find a nice shady spot under a big ole tree, throw on a worm and have some fun. There are some very big carp in grenadier. Corn is killer, go the day before, chum a couple spots around the time you plan to fish. There should be some fish cruisin around when you come back to fish the next day.

Catfish (west pond) has carp, bullheads and sunfish. I've only ever caught bullheads and sunfish though, but have seen some big carp cruisin' around. If you can access it from the swansea ravine (below swansea public school) it's more scenic for sure. The fishing is ok off of Ellis ave. though.

Also 119 is the humber bay park. The man made ponds are full of carp. There's also largemouth in them, but they aren't too big. You can cast from the lake side break water for salmon and trout in the fall. The mouth of Mimico creek is right there as well so there's a good sucker run in the spring. The available species are pretty similar to Toronto Islands. Apparently there are pike, but i've never caught or seen one caught. The go to species in the ponds are definitely carp, they're pretty easy to catch if you're set up for them. Humber bay pond is right on the martin goodman trail, so it's easily accessible by bike from downtown. You can take the Queen streetcar or the go train to Mimico.

#20 thatkidhugo

thatkidhugo

Earthworm

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:19 PM

Anything at #118?