34 replies to this topic

#21 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:28 PM

Anything at #118?

I believe that place is called Eglinton Flats.

#22 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 06:48 PM

117 - Is close to me anyone have any luck there?

#23 FishingNoob

FishingNoob

Rainbow Trout

• Active Members
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:57 AM

Hey,

I was at the brick works the other day walking my dog and saw that some people were fishing. Is that legal? I do not think there would be big fish in the ponds.

#24 rhymobot

rhymobot

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

107 is close to the zoo. i waded in once just to have a look. i saw quite a few panfish and it's a swampy area. i am guessing there could be some decent bass in there but it's hard to cast in this place. most of it has trees overhanging the shoreline. but there were a lot of algae so even casting out far would result in pulling in a lot of green stuff. you can park along the shoulder and there's a pathway in there people use to hike.

#25 tuhlapsss

tuhlapsss

Sunfish

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

#131 went there on tuesday. caught  a 15 pound carp and a 3 bluegills. I have pictures but cant seem to get them on to my computer. all were caught using worm on a slip bobber.

#26 torontofishing

torontofishing

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2014 - 06:07 PM

you guys should include the rivers and small ponds along the Humber river 

#27 Hairyfish

Hairyfish

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:13 PM

My 8 year old son and I checked out #117 this past weekend. It is located behind the Science Centre and is off the bike path in E.T. Seton park. There is a walking path that meets the western shore line of this pond. The pond looks fairly shallow but deep enough for the ministry to post thin ice warnings. There are a lot of cat tails and marshy conditions ringing the pond. I saw what looked to be a cormorant swimming and catching fish across the pond so there are a least minnows there.  I'm not sure how any bigger fish could get in there but it looks like a good place for carp and catfish. There are dead tree trunks in the shallows of the west bank and fallen trees close to the other side.

We will probably bring our rods one day to see if we can catch anything other than minnows.

#28 Hairyfish

Hairyfish

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:14 AM

We tried to fish pond #117 this weekend. We brought worms and various spinners. We tried casting lures and worms with floats. We didn't get any bites in around 1/2 an hour of fishing. It was very hard to cast out as there were very few shore  openings. It looks as though the other side (east side) may have  been better but we will have to search for another access path. We saw herons and a  pair of kingfishers so there must be some fish there.

As we were leaving we ran into a park volunteer who was refilling the various bird feeders in the area. We got to talking and he told us there were carp in the pond.

We weren't set up for carp so we will probably try again.

#29 Dave Bailey

Dave Bailey

Sunfish

• Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 11:21 AM

107 is close to the zoo. 

107 is Amos Ponds, an old quarry. I have been birding there often, and saw a school of goldfish years ago, in the south pond. There are mink in the north pond, so they're finding something.

#30 Hairyfish

Hairyfish

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 02:55 PM

Grenadier Bass.jpg Grenadier Bluegill.jpg First bluegill.jpg

120- Grenadier and West pond , Bluegill ,pike, bass and panfish.

We went to Grenadier pond this past weekend. Nice place!.  We got there kind of late though and only managed to catch one bass! My son caught some bluegills and as he had never caught this species before (only pumpkin seeds) he was kinda alright with it! lol

#31 flandogg

flandogg

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:49 PM

Use to fish 118 alot as a kid, the pike and bass were awesome for such a small pond. However, as the park project `restored` the habitat for the pond, the fishing deteriorated significantly unfortunately. You would still catch catfish, and the occasional bluegill.

#32 Default_User

Default_User

Sunfish

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:29 PM

Any news on 114?

#33 Hairyfish

Hairyfish

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:34 AM

It's adjacent to Military Trail Park. It looks like a nice pond. Never heard of anyone fishing there.

#34 fishingwithfinn

fishingwithfinn

Earthworm

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2016 - 08:45 AM

I know this forum is kinda old but I was wondering if anybody has caught any pike at grenadier pond recently?  Also s it any good for ice fishing?

Thanks.

#35 sachen

sachen

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 October 2017 - 02:20 PM

are 106 and 114 any good?