• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 ntomec

ntomec

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

hey im new to this site, and new in general to the fishing world. I was looking for some places to fish in mississauga and I came across this post. So anyways, I was looking into pond 44, and was thinking maybe I could go check it out. I went to google maps and found the location. It looks however as if the pond is not even there. If you want to check yourself in google maps, the co-ordinates of the pond are: 43.63533,-79.794012
heres the updated google maps picture.. Does anyone know if the pond is still there?

Posted Image

#42 ex0or

ex0or

Sunfish

• Active Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 02:04 PM

can somebody tell me if pond 142 is permitted to fishing? because im near in that pond im in erindale station only. i hope somebody help me if its permitted thanks in advance :D

#43 openfire

openfire

Administrator

• Active Members
  • 2,163 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 12:54 AM

can somebody tell me if pond 142 is permitted to fishing? because im near in that pond im in erindale station only. i hope somebody help me if its permitted thanks in advance :)

I don't see why not... It's right beside a couple of baseball diamonds, so it's not as though it's private or anything.

#44 TrippyJai

TrippyJai

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 04:12 PM

hey im new to this site, and new in general to the fishing world. I was looking for some places to fish in mississauga and I came across this post. So anyways, I was looking into pond 44, and was thinking maybe I could go check it out. I went to google maps and found the location. It looks however as if the pond is not even there. If you want to check yourself in google maps, the co-ordinates of the pond are: 43.63533,-79.794012
heres the updated google maps picture.. Does anyone know if the pond is still there?

Posted Image

I went to check it out last year since I worked in that area. The entrance to the road was very small, but when I drove in, I parked my car on a empty lawn. It didn't look like to be anyone's property. As I walked a few minutes to get to the pond. I can barely see it. I don't know how big it was, but there is definitely water there. It was surrounded by thick bushes and I had no intentions of breaking in or walking around it. If I had jeans on that day maybe, but it was too hot and I didn't care too much for it. I feel uncomfortable when fishing at ponds this like. Feel like I'm doing illegal.

Good luck and keep us updated. I probably won't fish there anyways, but interested to know.

#45 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:56 AM

I found a pond , i'm not sure if it's here yet but these are the coordinates 43.65779,-79.738415

#46 alex10578

alex10578

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:05 PM

pond 139 is in a conservation area (no fishing)

#47 Esox44

Esox44

Earthworm

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:22 PM

I went to check it out last year since I worked in that area. The entrance to the road was very small, but when I drove in, I parked my car on a empty lawn. It didn't look like to be anyone's property. As I walked a few minutes to get to the pond. I can barely see it. I don't know how big it was, but there is definitely water there. It was surrounded by thick bushes and I had no intentions of breaking in or walking around it. If I had jeans on that day maybe, but it was too hot and I didn't care too much for it. I feel uncomfortable when fishing at ponds this like. Feel like I'm doing illegal.

Good luck and keep us updated. I probably won't fish there anyways, but interested to know.

i fished there a couple of times, theres an old canoe there. lots of bass nothing huge there. i parked where there was these dump trucks going in and out. i asked if i could park there and they didnt seem to mind aslong as i was out of the way. the property is owned by the golf course across the street. it does feel a little wrong going there. but i didnt see any signs that said no trespassing

#48 rhymobot

rhymobot

Crappie

• Active Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:19 AM

pond 142 seems off limits.

http://maps.google.c...,181.45,,3,6.78

#49 Akuma

Akuma

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:21 AM

Going to check out 140.141.142 and 146 tomorow cause i got the day off. Probably just going to use some live worms under a float just to check if theres any life in the ponds at all, even if its just panfish, if any have life in them i may stick around and try a spinner or something, i will report back tomorow! Also another pond i found in the PC area im going to check out as well

#50 Akuma

Akuma

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:40 PM

Checked out 140 , 141 and 142 today, 140 i stayed for 40minutes, 30of worms, 10 mins of throwing out a spinner, not even a bite. 141 was like some jurassic park thing lmfao. The entire grass area was fenced off with barbed wire, couldnt even get on the grass let alone see the pond. 142 on the other hand looked nice, it was fenced off and said no fishing no tresspassing, but it looked like a really nice place, saw some ducks, weeds in the water, did not bother trespassing, i was too lazy to jump the fence even if i wanted too haha. So yeah no success today

#51 fisher12

fisher12

Perch

• Active Members
  • 575 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

I checked out 144 a few days ago and it's really hard to access as the land around the pond is steeply inclined and there are bushes surrounding the pond.

#52 trixs

trixs

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 07:29 AM

Hey guys I've been carp fishing at centennial park since last year and got a few nice fish there but this year I went there to only find 40 + dead carp around the shoreline I think the super freeze super long winter killed a lot of what was in there are still signs of carp feeding but I don't see as many as last year I've yet to catch anything this year and as to fishing even the government website planyourfishingtrip.org I think its called just Bing it you'll find it or urbanfishingtoronto.org  lol says you can fish there and I've never been troubled and I went there 3-4 times a week last year most of the summer so go for it and keep a link in your phone to show anyone who questions you that the government guided you here plus there no sign saying you can't fish there

#53 Naonao

Naonao

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:46 PM

Hi I moved around 133 this spring. Most of the time, I got koi fish, a lot of catfish, crappie, and sunfish of course. Also bass, carp, perch. This place is very good for small kids.

#54 gavins2

gavins2

Shiner Minnow

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 06:04 PM

does anyone know about pond 140 or 141 i am 13 and was wondering

#55 xsciion

xsciion

Earthworm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2021 - 05:45 PM

Hi - has anybody had any luck with ponds 124-128?

#56 Vimba Vimba

Vimba Vimba

Sunfish

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 January 2022 - 12:24 PM

Hey guys, pond 149 is Joe Benesh pond and fishing is allowed there, no fence or golf park.  There are carp, bass, panfish, etc.

#57 Vimba Vimba

Vimba Vimba

Sunfish

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 24 May 2023 - 01:07 PM

Man, this sucks. It is confirmed by the city of toronto that pond 149 at Centennial Park contains lots of panfish and largemouth bass, however fishing is NOT PERMITTED.

I work 3 minutes from there smile.gif

Where does it say fishing in not permitted in Joe Benesh Pond?

#58 onlocal

onlocal

Earthworm

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 25 May 2023 - 10:45 AM

Fishing is allowed as long as you have a valid license tag: 

https://www.toronto....klands/fishing/